No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Can you use VBA code in this "cloud" office product?

• This post has 3 Replies |
  • 4 Followers
  • I don't see any developer resources whatsoever. Is this a nerfed version of Office? 

1 out of 4 people found this post helpful.

• Hi,

Since we aren't able to assist with development, I will provide you with some very useful links regarding development with Office 365.

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

msdn.microsoft.com/.../Office365TrainingCourse

msdn.microsoft.com/.../hh147180.aspx

msdn.microsoft.com/.../ee335711.aspx

blogs.msdn.com/.../a-lap-around-sharepoint-2010-sandboxed-solutions-resource-quotas.aspx

msdn.microsoft.com/.../sharepoint

msdn.microsoft.com/.../hh147177.aspx

All of these are great tools you can use in your development process!

I hope this helps!  

• VBA does not work for Cloud apps. If you have Office Pro installed locally, you can develop MS Access databases in the Web template provided and then publish to your Team Sites. MS Access supports VBA if you run the MS Access DB from your local machine, but the cool thing is it syncs the data with your Team Site. If you want Cloud type macros, MS Access 2010 supports something called a Data Macro. It currently has a limited function set compared to VBA, but it is useful.

• Was there more assistance needed with this issue?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)