No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Forward public facing website

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I want to forward my public facing website address to an existing website until I build a new one with SharePoint Designer, without disrupting my Office 365 services. I have logged in as admin and gone to domains but I am only able to see the current settings, not change or add anything.

Has anyone done this or does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Phil

All Replies
  • Hi Psrand,
    Thanks for coming to the community with your concerns about forwarding public facing website.
    According to your description, you would like to forward my public facing website address to an existing website. For example, forward abc.com to xyz.com. 

In SharePoint Online for Office 365, in order to redirect a second custom domain you will need to work with your registrar.  Based on this situation, please create a DNS alias on your abc.com domain registrar which points to xyz.com.
    The way you can use your registrar’s redirection server can redirect abc.com to xyz.com.  Since registrars handle that type of request differently, I would recommend that you contact your registrar for instructions.
    Here is a useful Link about how to create a DNS Alias Record:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/168322
    Thanks,
    Keats Ge

• Hi Psrand,

What are the things going?Isn't the issue resolved?

Thanks,

Keats Ge