No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Skydrive verses Office 365 Web Apps.

This question is answered This question is answered

I uploaded an invoice that I made in Excel 2010.  I uploaded it to my Document Library on Office 365.  When I choose to edit in browser it says that it cannot because the spreadsheet has shapes in it.  That is true.  However, when I upload it to skydrive and choose to edit it, it opens just fine.

I have tested this in the Small Business beta and the Enterprise beta.  Does anyone know why Skydrive web apps is beter than Office 365 web apps?

2 out of 3 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • Nevermind,  I answered it myself.  I was only viewing in Skydrive.  When I chose to edit in Skydrive I got a similar complaint.

Sorry :-)

All Replies
  • Nevermind,  I answered it myself.  I was only viewing in Skydrive.  When I chose to edit in Skydrive I got a similar complaint.

Sorry :-)

• Hi David,

I am glad to hear that you have found the cause of the situation. This is so others who have the same confusion may benefit from your answer.

For more information about Office 365, please refer to the following links:

=========================================================

Office 365 Enterprise: Help & How to

onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../office365-enterprises

Office 365 Small Business: Help & How to

onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../office365-smallbusinesses

Thank you for your attention on the Office 365 product.

Thanks,

Monica Tong

• Thanks Monica :-)

• Hi David,

I'm a new user for SkyDrive. I have a problem to open for editing documents that I uploaded from my local drive to the Sky Drive. I have also a office365 , but I see that SkyDrive is more easy to manage.

I want to share files at the Sky Drive and be able to work on line on those documents together with my team. I find it hard to understand the way to do it. When i click on the files on the SkyDrive the browser is trying to downloading it and not to open for editiing.

can you help me please?

dagan@beneploy.com