No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Office 2013 Preview WebApp sad story

• 3 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I have a P1 account on Win 7. Two weeks back, I downloaded Office 2013 Preview and it integrated beautifully with my 365 site, with all docs opening just fine in all the apps (including Access).

Yesterday, my O13 decided to act up a bit and I now find that I cannot uninstall it or can I open any of the O13 apps on my desktop. Now, when I try to open a new Document for my site, it tries to open it in O13, "jiggles a bit", states I should try again or go back to my home page.

Now, it won't open in O10 either.

I guess this comes down to 3 questions:

1. How can I get the O13 preview functioning again in 365?
  2. Failing that, how can I uninstall O13?
  3. or ... how can I get 365 back to my Office 2010 apps?

Would very much appreciate any direction.

Dan

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Dan,

Here are the instruction to remove from the preview FAQ page, hope it helps.

How do I uninstall Office? .

You can uninstall Office by doing the following:

Office 365 Home Premium:

Go to www.office.com/myaccount and then, in the Current PC Installs section, click deactivate. Then, to remove Office entirely, go to your PC’s Control Panel and uninstall it.

Other Office 365 plans:

Log into your account at www.office365.com to manage your installations, including deactivating Office. If you want to remove Office applications completely from your computer, you must uninstall Office from your PC’s Control Panel.

Hope this helps

Robert

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi sealoozie,

Office 2013 Preview is currently in a Beta period, it is not recommended that use the Beta version in your Office 365 product environment.

However, regarding to your description, it seems that the Office Desktop Application(Both Office 2010 and Office 2013 Preview) are corrupted on your computer. We may need to repair or reinstall the Office applications. Since this issue is rather an Office 2013 questions, I would like to suggest you post this issue in the Office 2013 forum at following site:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_home?auth=1

In addition, what do you mean when you mention "P1 account"? Do you mean the Office 365 for Professional and Small Business(Microsoft Office 365 Plan P1) or Office 365 Small Business Premium Preview? We can check this under Licenses.

If you are using Office 365 Preview, you can post questions at the following site:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/preview/default.aspx

If there are any unclear, please feel free to post.

Thanks,
    Jolin Qiao

• Top 75 Contributor
  • Jolin:

Thanks for your clear and concise response and I apologize for my incomplete descriptions. My story, and I'm sticking with it <g> is that I got myself a bit confused by the names of the different products involved. Allow me to clarify?

1. I am a registered subscriber of Office 365 P1 for Small business and have had success in using my Office 2010 Apps with that site for the past few weeks
    2. I installed Office 2013 Home preview Beta last week (not realizing it wasn't recommended for O365)
      • Office 2013 then successfully  "usurped" all document creation on my site
      • It all worked fine until 2 days ago, when all kinds of errors came up upon any attempt to use O365 web apps
      • I decided to uninstall O2013
    3. In the forum on O2013, you should know I am finding there are several of us having issues on uninstalling the product
      • In my Control Panel under Uninstall, I found "Micosoft Office 365 Home Premium" which I thought was the "Office 2013 Home Preview".
      • This is the bird I cannot uninstall and I think it's the Office 2013???
      • Office 2013 as such is just not listed in the Uninstall list

Can I somehow just "connect" my Office 365 P1 for Small Business to my Desktop Office 2010 as I had it before this week's disastrous attempt to try the Office 2013 Beta?

I do have an image backup of my drive, but it's about 3 weeks old. I am willing to revert to then, but only if you advise me that is the best solution to restore my Office 365 P1 subscription to my Office 2010 Desktop Apps (hope I got all these names right this time?)

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide!!

Dan

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Dan,

Here are the instruction to remove from the preview FAQ page, hope it helps.

How do I uninstall Office? .

You can uninstall Office by doing the following:

Office 365 Home Premium:

Go to www.office.com/myaccount and then, in the Current PC Installs section, click deactivate. Then, to remove Office entirely, go to your PC’s Control Panel and uninstall it.

Other Office 365 plans:

Log into your account at www.office365.com to manage your installations, including deactivating Office. If you want to remove Office applications completely from your computer, you must uninstall Office from your PC’s Control Panel.

Hope this helps

Robert

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Thank you, Robert .... as it turns out, after I made my post and before I received your posting, my Outlook 2010 just crashed and I couldn't get any mail at all. Outlook 2013 kept interfering, even though I couldn't open 2013!? Had I had your simple solution before I started to muck around, it would have solved my problem, I'm sure. I suspect the repairs and attempted re-installs I tried, really messed things up?

In any case, I made the Executive decision <g>, to restore my PC to to an image I had from 3 weeks back. I did that, and after some minor adjustments, and some document restores, I'm back to where I was before I installed the Office 2013 preview.

The fact that the Office 2013 install started taking command of other things, tells me it was really screwing me up. 

May I suggest you somehow advise other 365 users not to try that Office 2013 Beta?

I'm back to where I was, thank gawd!! Kudos to the 365 team in any case!!

Dan

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)