No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Outlook Meeting Request - Rooms button defaults to Global Address List

• 1 Follower
  • 5 Replies |
  • This post has 3 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

When all of our Outlook users go to create a new Meeting Request and click either the Rooms or Add Rooms button, it opens the Global Address List instead of going to the Rooms List.

Is there a way to fix this?

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Curtis Sminkey,

Based on the information you post, I understand that when you create a new Meeting Request and click either the Rooms or Add Rooms button, it opens the Global Address List instead of going to the Rooms List.

I have done some research and found that there is no method to change the default list. However, we can change the list to "All rooms" by clicking the dropdown list and choose the room list.

Thanks,
    Linda Wang

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • As a extra info to Linda's solution:

- in the Home tab click on Address Book - Tools - Options.

From the second menu choose the list that you want.

Remember this: by doing this thing that list will be the default list that it will open when you want to send an E-mail, create a meeting, etc.

Alexandru Dionisie | www.tutorialeoffice.ro | MVP for Office 365

• Top 150 Contributor
  • Hi Curtis Sminkey,

Thanks for your update. Based on your description, I understand that you want a link to suggest the feature "Rooms button defaults to Room List" for the future.

I would advise you submit a feedback at support.microsoft.com/.../survey.aspx .

If the service is requested frequently, the product team may include it in the future releases.

Your useful ideas and feedback will help us improve our products and service. Your time and efforts are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Linda Wang

• Top 75 Contributor
All Replies
  • Hi Curtis Sminkey,

Based on the information you post, I understand that when you create a new Meeting Request and click either the Rooms or Add Rooms button, it opens the Global Address List instead of going to the Rooms List.

I have done some research and found that there is no method to change the default list. However, we can change the list to "All rooms" by clicking the dropdown list and choose the room list.

Thanks,
    Linda Wang

• Top 75 Contributor
  • Hi Curtis Sminkey,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Linda Wang

• Top 75 Contributor
  • As a extra info to Linda's solution:

- in the Home tab click on Address Book - Tools - Options.

From the second menu choose the list that you want.

Remember this: by doing this thing that list will be the default list that it will open when you want to send an E-mail, create a meeting, etc.

• Top 150 Contributor
  • Thanks for your help. Is this only when using Outlook through Office 365? I have talked to other colleagues who've used Outlook with a hosted Exchange server and they're experience was the Rooms button always defaulted to the rooms list.

• Not Ranked
  • I am using Outlook 2010 with Office 365 (Exchange Online) and the room button has always opened the All Addresses list.

Usually I am making some manual changes to open what I want.

• Top 150 Contributor
  • I'm sorry, i meant to say an on-site exchange server. People with an on-site exchange server seem to be able to click the Rooms button and default to the rooms list. That is how I would assume it would work, otherwise, what's the point of a separate button?

Does anyone have the link to suggest this feature for the future?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Curtis Sminkey,

Thanks for your update. Based on your description, I understand that you want a link to suggest the feature "Rooms button defaults to Room List" for the future.

I would advise you submit a feedback at support.microsoft.com/.../survey.aspx .

If the service is requested frequently, the product team may include it in the future releases.

Your useful ideas and feedback will help us improve our products and service. Your time and efforts are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Linda Wang

• Top 75 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)