No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Is there a version of LYNC that can be installed in our Teamsite (not desktop) and run with Office WebApp only?

• 2 Followers
  • 2 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

We would like a complete cloud solution. We would like to have the ability to install LYNC on our Team site in Office 365 (not our desktops) AND we would like to have the ability to integrate that LYNC  with our OUTLOOK and OFFICE WebApps. 

Pleae note: We do not wish to install any software at all on our desktops. 100 percent in the cloud.

• Post Points: 35
All Replies
  • Hi Intellisat,

Thank you for your post.

Based on your description, I understand that you do not want to install the Lync client on your computer, but you are searching a web version of Lync so that this web version of Lync can be integrated with SharePoint online, and you can chat with others on your SharePoint Website directly. If there are any misunderstand, please feel free to let me know.

Currently, we only support the Presence of Lync integrated to SharePoint online, and Presence in SharePoint Online is available only for SharePoint users who have the Lync 2010 desktop client installed and properly configured.

For your requirement, I would like to suggest you submit a feedback at mymfe.microsoft.com/.../Feedback.aspx to prompt our product and service.

If there are any questions, please feel free to post in forum, we are glad to assist you.

Thanks,
    Jolin Qiao
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Intellisat,

How are things going?

If you have any questions when using Office 365 in the future, please feel free to post in forum, we are glad to assist you.

Thanks,

Jolin Qiao

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)