No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

How to Sync Calendar and Contacts between Desktop and Outlook Web App

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi,

We just began using Office 365 and everything seems to be working great. But I want to know how to sync my calendar and contacts between my Desktop Outlook and the Office 365 Outlook Web App.

I've seen the instructions on how to import my desktop contacts to the Outlook Web App, but I don't want to keep doing that every time I add new contacts. So how do I configure Outlook to Sync automatically?

Thanks,

COH.

Verified Answer
  • Hi caros,

Seems like that there is sth worng with the Auto Discovery.

Delete the Office 365 account from Outlook 2010, and create a new outlook profile for that Office 365 account .

Hope this can solve the problem.

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • The first thing that we need to look at is what version of Outlook (Desktop) you are using and how is it connected to your 365 account (Oulook 2010 - Click File, Account Settings, Account Settings), details under type.

• Hi Richard,

The Type is IMAP/SMTP, because whenever I tried to use the automatic configuration in Outlook, I always got an error message, so I had to do it manually and I used IMAP config.

Error Message for Automatic Configuration:

and

Thanks,

Carlos.

• Hi COH,

Before moving further, I'd like to confirm more information with you.
    1. Is the issue that the contacts in Outlook Desktop Application and Outlook Web App(OWA) not consistent?
    2. What Outlook version are you using, Do you use such as Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2007?
    3. Did you setup your email account in Outlook via auto-configuration matically not or manual POP or IMAP setting?

From the screenshot in previous post, the Outlook Auto Discovery may not work smoothly.
    Based on this situation, I suggest you use the following tool to test the if Outlook Auto Discovery is normally.
    https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

If the test is OK, you may test the issue at other network environment to narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Thanks,
    Larry He

• Hi COH,

How are things going?

If you need more help, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Larry He

• Hi Larry,

To answer your questions:

1. Is the issue that the contacts in Outlook Desktop Application and Outlook Web App(OWA) not consistent? - Not that they are not consistent. My contacts just don't appear in the Outlook Web App.

2. What Outlook version are you using, Do you use such as Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2007? - We are usign Outlook 2010.

3. Did you setup your email account in Outlook via auto-configuration matically not or manual POP or IMAP setting? - Yes we had to set it up manually (IMAP) because of the problems described in the first post.

We did the test you suggested and here is the report, and these are the errors it produced:

--------------------------------------------------------

Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL caroltech.com.mx/.../AutoDiscover.xml

Testing of this potential Autodiscover URL failed.

Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid.

The SSL certificate failed one or more certificate validation checks.

Validating the certificate name.

Certificate name validation failed.

Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL autodiscover.caroltech.com.mx/.../AutoDiscover.xml

Testing of this potential Autodiscover URL failed.

Testing TCP port 443 on host autodiscover.caroltech.com.mx to ensure it's listening and open.

The specified port is either blocked, not listening, or not producing the expected response.

----------------------------------------------------

All other tests were passed and appeared green.

Thanks,

Carlos.

• Hi caros,

Seems like that there is sth worng with the Auto Discovery.

Delete the Office 365 account from Outlook 2010, and create a new outlook profile for that Office 365 account .

Hope this can solve the problem.

• Ok, this worked, thanks!

Just a note to other users. Be sure to backup your Mails, Contacts and Calendar prior to deleting any account!