No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Excel

• 3 Followers
  • 8 Replies |
  • This post has 2 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I am very new to Office 365 - just trying it on the 30 day trial.  Email sorted, great.  Not needing web hosting at this stage.  Have found it very difficult to find a one stop solution for answers to my searches for help - I have not yet found a very simply written, easy to understand users guide - please advise me if you know of one.

Meanwhile ....

I have excel and am creating documents - WHERE DO I SAVE THEM SO THEY ARE IN THE CLOUD?

Then when they are in the cloud how do I find my documents.

Many thanks - I'm sure once I'm told it will be obvious! (Then I shall try to find out more about Sharepoint, not a clue about this .... )

Helen

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Have you run through the downloads on 365, if not then log in to the portal and click downloads on the right hand side.

Once you have done the down loads you might want to go to your team site, this is where you can setup folders etc.  With in the team site there is a Shared Documents library (normally by default), click on this link and select Library at the top.

Then select Connect to Office and then add to SharePoint Sites

When in Excel, click file and then select Save and Send, choose the site you added, this will save to the team site.

Richard Duheaume

365 services

Custom Websites

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • OK, site deleted and new one created!

On the Team Site click on site actions and then site settings

Then select Top Link Bar under the Look and Feel section

Select New Navigation Link

In the box "Type the Webb address" put https://portal.microsoftonline.com/IWDefault.aspx

In the Description type Portal Home

Select New Navigation Link again

This time in the box "Type the Webb address" put https://outlook.com/owa/office365.com?exsvurl=1

In the Description type Outlook

Click on Home and you should have a top link bar like this

Richard Duheaume

365 services

Custom Websites

• Top 100 Contributor
All Replies
  • Have you run through the downloads on 365, if not then log in to the portal and click downloads on the right hand side.

Once you have done the down loads you might want to go to your team site, this is where you can setup folders etc.  With in the team site there is a Shared Documents library (normally by default), click on this link and select Library at the top.

Then select Connect to Office and then add to SharePoint Sites

When in Excel, click file and then select Save and Send, choose the site you added, this will save to the team site.

Richard Duheaume

365 services

Custom Websites

• Top 100 Contributor
  • Hello Helen,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about saving excel documents to SharePoint Online.

Did you find Richard’s information helpful? Thanks for the post Richard.

You may follow Richard’s information or you may click the Documents tab from his first screenshot and choose the Upload Documents option which will allow you to browse through your local computer to upload documents into the Library.

You may checkout the following link which you may find helpful:

Basic tasks in SharePoint Online for Office 365 for Professional and Small Businesses

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Thank you Richard, especially for including the screen shots.  Have now managed to save an excel file into Team Site, Library and created a specific file that I can now use to save to my cloud - using a different computer I could then edit it by accessing it from the cloud.  Fabulous.  Clearly a lot more to learn though.

Thanks again.

• Not Ranked
  • Thank you  to Richard for his answer and, especially for including the screen shots.  Once I am on the Team Site, how do I return to Office 365 home page so I can return to Outlook?

Thank you.

• Not Ranked
  • Yes! There is no top bar to select Home etc, I think it did appear but then went again.  I was going to give you some instructions on adding some shortcuts to the Top Link bar but that has vanished as well!  As soon as I find it I will let you know.

Richard Duheaume

365 services

Custom Websites

• Top 100 Contributor
  • OK, site deleted and new one created!

On the Team Site click on site actions and then site settings

Then select Top Link Bar under the Look and Feel section

Select New Navigation Link

In the box "Type the Webb address" put https://portal.microsoftonline.com/IWDefault.aspx

In the Description type Portal Home

Select New Navigation Link again

This time in the box "Type the Webb address" put https://outlook.com/owa/office365.com?exsvurl=1

In the Description type Outlook

Click on Home and you should have a top link bar like this

Richard Duheaume

365 services

Custom Websites

• Top 100 Contributor
  • Thank you again Richard, I can now return to where I want to get back to.  You clearly know you're way around Office 365.  

• Not Ranked
  • The pleasure is mine, I have been using it for some time, but it is also my forte.

Richard Duheaume

365 services

Custom Websites

• Top 100 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)