No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

How do I change my default page?

• 5 Followers
  • 7 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
I would like to set an existing page as my default, how do I do that??
  • Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
  • Hi,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

You will need to connect to your website using SharePoint Designer to set the home page. If you do not have SharePoint Designer installed, you will first need to download and install it. After SharePoint Designer is installed, you will be able to connect to your website to change the default page. You need to click on "All Files" on the left and then "Pages" in the middle. Now a list of pages, you will need to click and high light "page name.aspx" and then click on the "Set as Home Page" button at the top. Please refer to the screen shots below for further assistance.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • mjmarty,

You may want to look at this:  community.office365.com/.../197497.aspx

Sorry, BuildItOn365 website has expired. Links to and instructions - no longer exist.

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hi Tim,

Thanks for the instructions. I tried the same and I am unable to find the All files section in sharepoint designer.

I am using Office 365 sharepoint online and I am an administrator

What I need to do is I want to set a subsite as the default site when my users access to the root URL. Could you please advice me

• Not Ranked
  • Hi,

The instructions will work to change the page that loads when someone hits your website. If you are not able to see the "All Files" option, I will need you to verify that you have Site Collection Administrator permissions on your SharePoint site. If you do not have the proper permissions, you will not be able to see the option.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Tim

Thanks for your reply.

FYI, I am using office 365 sharepoint online

Please let me know how i can be a member of Site Collection Administrator

I cannot see any group like this in sharepoint online

• Not Ranked
  • Please ignore above message. I am able to set the permission

• Not Ranked
  • Dear Sree,

I have the same problem. Could you please explain how you managed to set the permission?

Thank you,

Dave Beaucage

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)