No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Synchronising calendar to Outlook

• This post has 14 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • Hi all

I am having issues with synchronising to Outook (v2007). The "send/receive with SharePoint" task does not complete, so my 365 calendar does not update.  Have tried deleting calendar and reconnecting, but that doesn't make any difference.  Any ideas please?

Many thanks

Woo

• Hi woowoo43,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

When working with SharePoint Online and Outlook 2007/2010, it is recommended that you configure your Outlook desktop application to connect to Office 365.  The following links detail how-to

Connect Office 365 to your Outlook desktop application and Connect Outlook to This Account.

If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

Jonis Estrem

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Hi Jonis

Outlook was configured almost a year ago.  Email is working fine but a shared calendar in 365 no longer synchronises.  I have connected it to Outlook and the calendar is visible, but a lot of the entries are missing from my Outlook view.

Thanks

Woo

• Hi, I am having problems with my Outlook calendar not synchronising with OWA.  I have deleted it and reconnected but it seems to connect a cached copy as old appointments are showing, but nothing that has been added in the last week shows up. 

I have established that I needed to add a CNAME record to enable autodiscover and have now reconnected my email accounts to the server.  Mail is working fine and now Lync is up and running too (that was also affected), but the calendar is still not working. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Woo

• SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

• Hi Jonis

I have followed your suggested steps and also run the "repair" option on Office as well as a diagnostics check.  The calendar is still not synchronising.  Could you please log a support call for me?

Many thanks.

Woo

• Hi, I have been having problems with Outlook calendar not synchronising with a shared calendar in SharePoint.  I have asked for assistance in the Community but have not been able to fix it.  It hasn't been working for over 2 weeks now.

Since service requests can now only be logged for billing and non-technical queries, how am I supposed to get technical assistance?  We are a small business with no IT department so rely on being able to get help from MS. 

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

Woo

• Hi woo,

Sorry for the delay in returning to this post.

From your 5/10/2012 post, it sounds like you are in the process of configuring your DNS settings.  My assumption is that you are looking to configure your DNS CNAME and A records for a SharePoint Online for professionals and Small Business subscription plan.  When you add <domain>.com to SharePoint Online office 365, the domain intent is Lync and Exchange.  When you add www.<domain>.com the domain intent is SharePoint.

Record            Host                Points to                                

CNAME           www                Default SharePoint Team site or Prodnet

A                      @                   IP address of your team site or Prodnet

The following links will help your setup the required DNS A and CNAME records for SharePoint Online Professionals and Small Business:

A and CNAME Records

Domains in SharePoint Online Small Business

This link is to an article on Migration Support for Exchange Online and SharePoint Online.

If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

Jonis Estrem

• Hi Jonis

Thanks for your reply.  I am afraid that I am unable to understand the links you provided, as my techical expertise is minimal.  I do not think that the issue is with CNAME records in any case, as one of my users is not experiencing this problem, but the other two are.  Since not all of us are affected, it does not seem as though it is a settings or permissions issue.  As I say, we are a small business with no IT department and desperately need to get some assistance in rectifying this problem.  

Thanks

Woo

• Hi woo,

In SharePoint Online for Office 365, the browser issue you described is generally resolved with Internet Explorer and Windows Desktop configuration changes.  All of the configuration changes detailed below will improve your Office 365 experience.

My first recommendation is to install the latest Microsoft updates.  Next, I recommend that you use the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer, even with a Windows 7 64-bit Operating System.  Internet Explorer is the ideal browser for Active X, which makes it the preferred browser for SharePoint Online.  The following link is to an article that covers the Internet Explorer configuration changes that will resolve the issue:  How to use the "Open with Explorer" command and how to troubleshoot issues with this option in SharePoint Online for Office 365

Make sure that you follow all of the configurations in the above article.  Also, when you configure Internet Explorer, if you have a Professionals Small Business subscription, you will need to add some additional trusted sites as listed below:
    1. Open Internet Explorer Tools and select Internet options
    2. Select the Security tab -> Trusted Sites -> and verify that Enable Protected mode is unchecked
    3. Select Sites and verify that Require server verification (https:) for all sites in the zone is unchecked
    4. Under Add this website to the zone -> Add the following websites to the zone:
    http://putyourdomainhere.microsoft.com/ and http://putyourdomainhere.sharepoint.com/

Another important link from the above article is to update and configure your computers for use with Office 365. I have referenced those links below:

For Microsoft Office 365 for Professionals and Small Business

For Microsoft Office 365 for Enterprises

If that does not solve your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

Jonis Estrem

• Hi Jonis

I think perhaps this reply has been posted in the wrong thread.  

In any event, I have followed your suggested steps and have installed updates and configured my computer.  Unfortunately this has made no difference at all to my synchronisation issue.  Could you please PM me so that I can provide my contact details - I really need to speak with someone about this issue.

Many thanks

Woo

• Hi woo,

The articles and processes detailed in my previous posts are the solution to connect Office 365 to your Outlook desktop application and enable calendar synchronization. Because this is not working in your environment, the next step would be to re-install Microsoft Office Professional Plus on that client. 

For Office Professional Plus for Office 365 installations, the following article details step by step troubleshooting and a section titled Repair Office installation and services.  To review the article click on the following link for General troubleshooting in Office Professional Plus for Office 365.

Then make sure you reapply all required updates from the Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products.

If that does not solve your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

Jonis Estrem

• Hi Jonis

We are not running Office Professional Plus.

Woo

• Hi woo,

I recommend that you repair or re-install Microsoft Office 2007 to resolve the issue.

From your comment “I really need to speak with someone about this issue.” it is important to explain our support boundaries.  Even with a SharePoint Online Enterprise subscription plan, that is entitled to SharePoint Online phone support, does not receive phone support for Microsoft Office products.  For more information on support boundaries, review the following screen shot for page 20 of the SharePoint Online Enterprise service description:

The following link details additional support options available for Outlook 2007, including Microsoft Pay-as-you-go support.  To review Microsoft Pay-as-you-go support, from the linked article select Ask MicrosoftSupport For Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2007

Jonis Estrem

• Hi Jonis

Thanks for the confirmation.  It is useful to note that during the beta testing, telephone support was available and in fact I had numerous calls with very helpful MS support staff.  Now that users are paying for licences, this is no longer the case.  This is worth stressing to your small business users who don't have any other support.

Woo

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)