No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

User cannot update member details in Distribution group

• 2 Followers
  • 5 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Using outlook 2007 a user is trying to modify members in a distribution group they created - 

They change the 'display as' field then 'save and close' 

This doesn't update the member in the group though- if we look at how the member is displayed it doesn't reflect the change

Even pressing 'Update now' doesn't work

Restarting Outlook and even restarting the computer doesn't change it

What could it be?

Also the member icons no longer have an little red avatar on them:

Thanks

Michael

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I am glad the issue is resolved.

Based on your description, it is likely that this issue may be caused by network. It could be the network profile issue and the users' data was not loaded correctly. You may keep monitoring and see if this issue would occur or not.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi Michael,

Before moving on, could you please clarify the current situation in detail?

1. When you mentioned the "display as" field, do you refer to the field after Name:?

2. How do you want to modify members? Do you want to add or remove member from the distribution group?

3. What detail of members do you want to update?

I have performed some actions for distribution group on my test account and see that everything works fine.

You may post more screen shots for this issue for us to have a clear view of it.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Michael,

We have not heard from you in a couple of days.

Please post back at your convenience if we can help further.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • The user was able to recreate the distribution group and can edit the members correctly now -

It seems as if the members of the original distribution group had become disconnected from the contacts list - hence the icon change.

Not sure what happened - perhaps it was actually a network profile issue where member data wasn't correctly loaded into outlook - is that possible?

Michael

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I am glad the issue is resolved.

Based on your description, it is likely that this issue may be caused by network. It could be the network profile issue and the users' data was not loaded correctly. You may keep monitoring and see if this issue would occur or not.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • I will monitor the situation but yes I think you're right about it being a Network issue

Thanks again

Michael

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)