No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Outlook

This question is answered This question is answered

Normally I use multiple PCs from different locations. I tried to install Office 365 and Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus on a second PC and everything was successful. For connecting Outlook to Exchange Online, however, I was reported that manual instructions were required. I manually added the account on Exchange Online successfully. When I started Outlook, however, I receive the following message:

---------------------------
Outlook Data File
The file C:\Documents and Settings\*********\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\**********@*******.***.ost cannot be accessed because it has been configured for use with a different mailbox.
OK  

What was wrong? How could I remedy?

It is not allowed to access the same account on Exchange Online from multiple Outlook installed on different PC?

Thanks,

otir

Verified Answer
  • Hello Otir,

From the description, the issue may be caused with the Outlook profile issue.

Based on the current situation, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.
    1. Check whether autodiscover service is working well with the Office 365 account’s suffix domain.
    2. Create a new mail profile for the Office 365 account.
    3. Connect Outlook 2010 to the Office 365 account in the new profile.
    If the auto-connection isn’t available, please refer to Method 3 in the Resolution section of the following article to manually configure Outlook 2010 to connect the mailbox hosts on Office 365.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2404385

In addition, as for your concern, it is available to access the same Office 365 in Outlook 2010 on 2 different PCs. Nevertheless, it isn’t recommended.

Best regards,

Claud

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hello Otir,

From the description, the issue may be caused with the Outlook profile issue.

Based on the current situation, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.
    1. Check whether autodiscover service is working well with the Office 365 account’s suffix domain.
    2. Create a new mail profile for the Office 365 account.
    3. Connect Outlook 2010 to the Office 365 account in the new profile.
    If the auto-connection isn’t available, please refer to Method 3 in the Resolution section of the following article to manually configure Outlook 2010 to connect the mailbox hosts on Office 365.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2404385

In addition, as for your concern, it is available to access the same Office 365 in Outlook 2010 on 2 different PCs. Nevertheless, it isn’t recommended.

Best regards,

Claud

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Otir,

How are the things going?
    In addition, do you need further assistance on the issue?

Best regards,
    Claud

• Hello Claud,

sorry for the delay. Your directions were precious and clear. I followed them and I solved my problems.

Many thanks,

Otir