No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Cannot create new web apps for PowerPoint or OneNote.

This question is answered This question is answered

While attempting to create a new PowerPoint using the PowerPoint web app I get the error:

An unexpected error has occurred.

Correlation ID: 960e5162-afdf-43e9-8e4a-b7b6d395e3f1

While attempting to create a new onenote notebook I get the similar error:

An unexpected error has occurred.

Correlation ID: 5be4c55a-3ee8-46dc-9e07-41e61927f15b

The Word and Excel web apps work fine. Also, I am on the P1 plan.

Any ideas as to how I can get those two web apps up and running?

Verified Answer
  • Hi Faraje,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

The ability to create new documents is not available on every team site.  The following communities forum post, details three solutions to this issue.

1. Create a blank document for Word and One Note, save it to the team site, and use it as the source template when you need to create new documents
    2. Create or re-create the original Express Team Site
    3. Create content types to use in the existing Team site

To review the post click here.

If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi Faraje,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

The ability to create new documents is not available on every team site.  The following communities forum post, details three solutions to this issue.

1. Create a blank document for Word and One Note, save it to the team site, and use it as the source template when you need to create new documents
    2. Create or re-create the original Express Team Site
    3. Create content types to use in the existing Team site

To review the post click here.

If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.