No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Installation errors

• 4 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Has anyone else had problems installing Office 365? I have several new windows 7 workstation that give me "The installation of theis package failed" as soon as I click MicrosoftOffice.exe

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi ShawnPFarmer,

Based on current information, the installation package may be corrupted. Therefore, please re-download the package to local hard drive again and run the installation package on local.

If it doesn’t work, then please capture screenshot for the error message and post here. Besides, you may check application logs of windows to find out more information. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi ShawnPFarmer,

How are things going on your side? If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks.

Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
  • I have been facing the same problem. After installation, it says it needs to shut down some programs i.e Microsoft Office to install.

Here's what it says:

"Program Shutdown Required

Some programs must be shut down before you can complete the task.

Do you want to continue automatic shut-down of the programs? "

It gives the option "Yes" & "No"

If I choose "No" , it closes but if I choose "Yes" , it then gives this:

"Please save your work and exit the following programs so we can continue.

Microsoft Office

Microsoft Word"

Even when I'm NOT using them at the moment.

It gives the option - "Try Again" & "Force Shutdown" & "Cancel"

If  I click "Try Again" then it comes again and again, repeatedly. If I choose "Force Shutdown" it then starts to do so and takes a while.

And all the installation windows close and this comes instead of them:

"Error

We're sorry, Office couldn't be installed.

Please try installing Office again.

(It gives the text with this link-answers.microsoft.com/.../office_home-office_install) You can go online to find more help

We're sorry, something went wrong while we were trying to start your program.

Please try starting your program again, or use the Repair option from the Programs and Features item in your Control Panel if it still won't start."

And it gives just one option "Close"

I've tried EVERYTHING but I again end up with the text above mentioned. I repaired it in EVERY form available and restarted it too but again the same. I went online for help and I finally decided to write this as I got irritated with this stupid thing. I even use Windows 7 so it shouldn't be a problem but few a times it asked me to change my operating system to Windows 7 or Windows 8.

Please help me with this.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi TechnoFanatic,

I understand that you have encountered similar issue.

I would suggest you post a new thread about the detailed information of the issue you encountered and the steps you have done to resolve it, this is so we could focus on your questions and provide more specific solutions for you.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)