No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

acces to subsites by sub-users

• This post has 1 Reply |
  • 2 Followers
  • Good afternoon.

I have a site with subsites. No inherentance of permissions.

When a subsite-user logs in he can enter outlook, but not reach his subsite. The only link is to the main team site for which he does not have permissions.

If he logs in directly to the subsite he cannot reach outlook.

How can I have one login for this user to enter outlook and his subsite.

Kind regards,

*** Fasseur

• Hi Fasseur,

This is Jonis from Microsoft Online SharePoint Support.

From a review of your post, this sounds more like a navigational issue, than a SharePoint Online and Exchange Online login issue.  In order to resolve this user’s issue, I recommend that you create a new link in his sub site and point the link at the user’s site containing the Outlook link.  Now, when the user is in his sub site, he will always have an available link to Outlook.

There are three primary menus that are considered adjustable on a SharePoint Online for Office 365 site.  The appearance of these menus can vary depending on the site.

At the top of the site page is the Top Link bar, which is commonly referred to as the Global Navigation Bar.  Common items on that bar are Team Site, Website or Search.  This is your primary horizontal site navigation menu.

On the left hand side are the Quick Launch and Tree View.  The top menu is the Quick Launch or the Left Navigation tool.  This is for vertical page navigation of your sites and web pages.  Below that is the Tree View, which is an explorer type view of your site.

The following link details the refinements you can make to Site Navigation with the Quick Launch, Tree View and Top Link bar on a SharePoint Online for Office 365 Professionals and Small Business plan.  To review that article, click here.

The next two links detail the refinements you can make to Site Navigation with the Quick Launch, Tree View and Top Link bar on a SharePoint Online for Office 365 Enterprise plan.  To review those articles, click on the following links:

Configure the Quick Launch for site navigation

Configure the Top link bar for site navigation

Please reply to this post with your results as I will continue to monitor this thread for any additional posts or questions.

Jonis Estrem

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)