No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Main page is incorrect

This question is answered This question is answered
When I enter the domain name for my website, it connects to the wrong page.  How do I make the Home page the default screen?
Verified Answer
  • Hi,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

The first thing you will need to do is download and intall SharePoint Designer. After installation is complete, you will need to connect to your website, you need to click on "All Files" on the left and then "Pages" in the middle. Now a list of pages, you will need to click and high light "default.aspx" and then click on the "Set as Home Page" button at the top. Please refer to the screen shots below for further assistance.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

2 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

The first thing you will need to do is download and intall SharePoint Designer. After installation is complete, you will need to connect to your website, you need to click on "All Files" on the left and then "Pages" in the middle. Now a list of pages, you will need to click and high light "default.aspx" and then click on the "Set as Home Page" button at the top. Please refer to the screen shots below for further assistance.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

2 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

• Thanks, Tim.  I've downloaded the program, but I don't know how to open my website with the program.  You said to "connect" to it, but I don't get anything like what your screen shot looks like when I open SharePoint Designer.  I need more basic instructions, I guess.

• Oops  Never mind.  I got it open.  

• Thanks, Tim.  Your solution worked perfectly.