No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Moving Domain to 365

• 3 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
I followed the transition guide and youtube video to transfer my existing domain that is owned by Melbourne IT to point to my new site on Office 365. It has been 5 days and I cannot bring up my website. When I look at my domain in the domains area of Office 365 it shows it as verified. What step am I missing?
  • Post Points: 50
Verified Answer
  • Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.

Hi salami,

After you domain is verified in your domain, you need to change the domain name server to Office 365.

Please follow the steps after 13:00 of this video to change name server.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWTwOQ2F5o&feature=youtu.be

If you domain name server have been already changed to Office 365, you need to change SharePoint Public Site Address. Please follow the steps below.

1. Log into Microsoft Online Portal using administrator account. On the Admin Overview page and click Domains.

2. Above the list of domains, next to Your SharePoint website address is, click Change address. Follow the directions to use your domain for your website.

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Without a domain name to check or to look at, I can't really tell you what you are missing.

So all I can do is offer you a guess and I am not good at guessing.

If you are a non-US customer then take a look at this --> community.office365.com/.../175951.aspx

Sorry, BuildItOn365 website has expired. Links to and instructions - no longer exist.

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.

Hi salami,

After you domain is verified in your domain, you need to change the domain name server to Office 365.

Please follow the steps after 13:00 of this video to change name server.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWTwOQ2F5o&feature=youtu.be

If you domain name server have been already changed to Office 365, you need to change SharePoint Public Site Address. Please follow the steps below.

1. Log into Microsoft Online Portal using administrator account. On the Admin Overview page and click Domains.

2. Above the list of domains, next to Your SharePoint website address is, click Change address. Follow the directions to use your domain for your website.

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi salami,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Thanks for checking in. I was simply missing the step of changing my domain from looking at the sharepoint address to my domain address. Everything seems to be fine. Thanks again for your help

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)