No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

"Save As" in Word Web App?

• 3 Followers
  • 2 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I've noticed theres no "save as" option in the Word Web App. Is there a way of enabling/adding this somehow?

I ask because one of my team members does most if not all his work in the web app versions of Excel and Word. He operates from many remote locations and often from computers without the latest versions of Office. Because of this, he has to go through a cumbersome set of steps just to get the same functionality a simple "Save as" button would offer. I'd rather not waste his time nor have to teach the less computer literate staff the very complicated way of doing a "save as"

Thank you for your time.

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
  • Hello Nathan,

This is Cody with Microsoft SharePoint Online Support. Thank you for your post.

I confirm that there is not a "Save As" option when using the Office Web Apps for Word or Excel. The best way for the user to save a local copy of a document would be the following:

• Click the checkbox to the left of the document name and icon to select the document.

• Click "Download a Copy" in the Ribbon.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. Enjoy your weekend!

Best Regards,

Cody Spears

Microsoft SharePoint Online Support

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Nathan,

You don't say why you want to have this but if it is just he case a change you don't like is made here is a fix for the problem.

Turn on versioning for your document library, if it is not already on. Then when you click to open the menu beside a documnet you will see an option to view version history and you will that each time a change has been made there is an entry in this table. You can view the past versions, and if you need to you can select restore, which will make that past version current again.

Hope that helps

Robert

Hope this helps

Robert

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hello Nathan,

This is Cody with Microsoft SharePoint Online Support. Thank you for your post.

I confirm that there is not a "Save As" option when using the Office Web Apps for Word or Excel. The best way for the user to save a local copy of a document would be the following:

• Click the checkbox to the left of the document name and icon to select the document.

• Click "Download a Copy" in the Ribbon.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. Enjoy your weekend!

Best Regards,

Cody Spears

Microsoft SharePoint Online Support

• Top 500 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)