No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Edit Page ib Public Facing Website, Bullets

• 3 Followers
  • 3 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I copied text from my OLSB site to Office 365.  I even stored text in Word 2010 and made sure the fonts/sizes matched the ones I use on my public web-site.  The paragraph editing tools seem to be unstable in application.  In edit mode I have text showing as intended (left alligned, and bulleted lists).  When I make changes I save, and then I view the web page and the text has realligned by indenting additional spacing.  If I return to edit mode I can corrected the layout, it looks fine in edit mode, I save, and when I view it again unwanted changes continue to happen. 

How can the layout be controlled.  I never had these problems in OLSB.

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Thank you so much.  I copied and pasted based on online advise for migrating from OLSB to 365.  Too bad for users that such bad advice is out there.  I will now recreate all of my pages (30!).

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hello Jan,

This is Cody from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support. Thank you for your post.

I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience that this issue has caused. As Mr. Symicek stated, the copied text brought automatic formatting with it that was hidden. Copying the text into a non-formatted text program like Wordpad or Notepad will resolve the issue.

I am glad to hear that following this advice has resolved the issue. Have a great weekend!

Best Regards,

Cody Spears

Microsoft SharePoint Online Support

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)