No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Office 365 adding Visio

• I keep hearing rumors that Visio is coming to Office 365.  We are starting a project to incorporate workflow with Sharepoint 365 services and will need to have Visio to author the workflow.  Does anyone have any update on Visio coming to Office 365.

• Visio Services is already part of the E-Plans, but if you are talking about using it for sharepoint workflow creation, then forget it, A, you do not need it B, that version sells for about $700 - $1000 per copy, it is not the standard Visio. All visio does for workflow creation is act as a visual template, but with VS 2010, and Sharepoint Designer you can do all of the same things.

• Hi,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any talk of Visio becoming part of the available products with Office 365. I am sure this is because Visio is not part of the Office product. Robert is correct, Visio services is available with an Enterprise subscription, but you will need to have a local copy of Visio installed to utilize them.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Ok.....WOW. Now 365 is pretty much worthless then. The ONLY reason I tried to use this cryptic program was for Viso team colabe colaboration

• www.microsoft.com/.../try-more-products

has a preview link for: Try the Visio Pro for Office 365 Preview

However, it asks for you to log into "another" microsoft account to access, not your Office 365.   25 license trial.  

Also looks like it is Visio 2013... which I'm not sure can be read by earlier versions (although there is some reader app).

• Hi Tony,

That is part of the preview for 2013 software, while you can't use it with the existing service, you could get a trial of the new service and use it with that.

• I'm not sure whether it is possible to revive a thread that is over 6 months old, but, Robert, I would be really interested to hear how this can be done, as I have VS 2010 and Sharepoint Designer. Are you able to point me in the right direction?

• Visio is a part of Microsoft Office 365. We have trials set up on our web site because Microsoft allows trials with and through partners. www.ittakesateam.net/visio-pro-for-office-365-1  Best Regards, Scott Salisbury owner of 5thNK Microsoft Office 365 partner since 2009