No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Unable to install the downloads

This question is answered This question is answered

Every time I try to install the download for office it says installation failed. What is the issue does the same with lync as well?

Verified Answer
  • Hi JPToner,

I understand that you can download but  can’t install software, and you have same issue with your Lync.
    If so, please follow below steps,
    1.Update your OS, install the patches.
    2.Sign in Office365 from here: Portal.microsoftonline.com
    Admin->on your right side download->Set up and configure your Office desktop apps->setup.
    3.Try to install your Lync again.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

All Replies
  • Hi JPToner,

I understand that you can download but cannot install the program/software and you also have the same problem with Lync. Please provide some more information ie, what is your operating system? Have you tried with different computer? Have you tried to install the program manually? What are the programs/software you are trying to install? Are you an administrator of this computer?

Best regards,

Mada

• Hi JPToner,

I understand that you can download but  can’t install software, and you have same issue with your Lync.
    If so, please follow below steps,
    1.Update your OS, install the patches.
    2.Sign in Office365 from here: Portal.microsoftonline.com
    Admin->on your right side download->Set up and configure your Office desktop apps->setup.
    3.Try to install your Lync again.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• Hi JPToner,

I want to check if your issue has been resolved.
    If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to me.

Thanks,
    Robert Li