No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Can you run a Excel workbook with macro's on the web to access with iPad or mobile phone

This question is answered This question is answered

Dear,

I am a participant of a stock trading club. They have developed software in Excel to manage your stock portfolio.  The software contains visual basic macros. I am currently investigating if each member of the club could run here / his portfolio (Excel workbook) also on the web. I thought that maybe office 365 could be a solution, so I signed up for the beta office 365 (small businesses P1), but you can’t run macro’s in the Excel web environment.

My question à is there currently a solution to run an Excel workbook with macro’s on the Web, so you can access the Excel via your iPad or mobile phone?

Regards, Robert

5 out of 5 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Robert,

I have tested this on both small business Plan and enterprise Plan. Unfortunately, the macro program can't run in both environments, and there is an obvious prompt message shown that this feature can only be available in client excel.

Best Regards,

Reken Liu

All Replies
  • Hi Robert,

I have tested this on both small business Plan and enterprise Plan. Unfortunately, the macro program can't run in both environments, and there is an obvious prompt message shown that this feature can only be available in client excel.

Best Regards,

Reken Liu

• Thanks Reken for your answer, Regards Robert