No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Domain name

• 3 Followers
  • 2 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

My custome domain name is under hold and redemption period. The redemption period can be for up to 30 days or more and right now my webpage is down. How to send traffic to my webpage using the free domain received during sign up?? It is show as "active" under domain panel. what about instructions??

Thanks a lot.

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Wetland,

I understand you want to use *.onmicrosoft.com domain as your pubic website address instead of your own domain. If I misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

If you are using Plan P, you can follow the steps below.
    1.Login Microsoft Online Portal (MOP) using administrator account. Then on the Admin page, in the left pane, under Management, click Domains.
    2.Click Change address, and then step through the wizard.

If you are using Plan E, you can follow the steps below.
    1.Login MOP using administrator account. On the Admin Page, click Manage under SharePoint.
    2.Select Manage site collections
    3.Select the checkbox under Website, and then click Website Domains.
    4.Choose the Domain you want to use.

5.After that, click DNS Information. Get the CNAME record’s target address.
    6.Then go to your domain manage site. You need to delete the CNAME record with your domain name registrar, so that the mapping of your domain name IP address and the Microsoft CNAME will be unrelated.

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)