No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Domain name won't verify

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi, please help.

I'm trying to transition from Office Live Small Business to Office 365.  I've battled with the complex and contradictory instructions in the self transition guide and then viewed the you tube video which confused me more, as the steps were quite different.  My IT skills are fairly weak and my confidence is all but gone.

My domain is registered with Melbourne IT.  I've completed the TXT record and added it and it's published.  I attempted to verify the domain last week, but it's still not worked.  I've re-attempted it today and the 'verify' button in Office 365 just keeps looping back to the same screen asking me to verify again.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Stephen@FP 

Verified Answer
  • Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Stephen@FP,

You have added the TXT record. However your domain still couldn’t be verified.

Can you refer to Ken’s suggestion?

If this issue still persist, you can add two TXT records and try to verify again. One TXT record is with a trailing period (“.”) at the end of the address. And the other one is not added the period.

For more information about verifying domain at Melbourne IT, you can refer to this link.

onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../gg584187.aspx

Thanks,

Ray Yang

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Stephen@FP,

Take a look at this --> www.builditon365.com/.../MoveOLSBdnTo365.aspx

There is the USA and non-USA version with those different screens.

• Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Stephen@FP,

You have added the TXT record. However your domain still couldn’t be verified.

Can you refer to Ken’s suggestion?

If this issue still persist, you can add two TXT records and try to verify again. One TXT record is with a trailing period (“.”) at the end of the address. And the other one is not added the period.

For more information about verifying domain at Melbourne IT, you can refer to this link.

onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../gg584187.aspx

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Thank you

• Ray,

Please don't give out that document: Verify a domain at Melbourne IT

That is what is causing the confusion for it is FULL of mistakes. See: community.office365.com/.../168335.aspx

Please someone correct it before passing it out to others to use.

• Hi Ken,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Hi Stephen@FP,

Is your domain verified?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,

Ray Yang