No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Migrating from BPOS to MSO365

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Good afternoon,

I would be grateful for assistance.

I originally signed-up for BPOS when it launched some years ago, and registered my domain name with MelborneIT, then delegated to "ns1.officelive.com".

Although I have altered my TXT files as outlined within the migration document, a week later I am not able to verify the domain.

I would be grateful for assistance, and guidance, in migrating from BPOS to my MSO365 P1 account.

Grateful for your assistance

Thank you

Arthur

All Replies
  • Hi ArthurP,

Before moving on, I'd like to clarify the following:
    Where would you like to migrate from, BPOS (Business Productivity Online Services) or OLSB (Office Live Small Business)?

Based on my experience, the "ns1.officelive.com" name server is using in OLSB.In terms of this situation, I suppose you'd like to migrate from OLSB to Office 365. Am I right?

In terms of your situation, I suggest you follow the
    transition guide to transfer your domain and data (E-mails and website).

To transfer our domain to Office 365, we need to remove our domain from OLSB, redelegate our domain at domain registrar, and then add the TXT record for verification. To do this, I suggest you watch and follow the video at
    http://ask.officelive.com/smallbusiness/blogs/team/archive/2012/02/14/video-moving-your-office-live-domain-to-office-365.aspx

Furthermore, if you want to transfer from BPOS to Office 365, you can refer to
    Microsoft Online Services transition center.

After following the above guide, if you still encounter this issue, please capture any screenshot of the error message when you are trying to verify your domain at Office 365 portal, and post them in the forum for further troubleshooting.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• Hi ArthurP,

How are things going on your side? Did my above information help you or do you need any further assistance?

Thanks,

Evan Zhang