No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

upload multiple pictures

• 3 Followers
  • 21 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I want to upload  a number of photographs that I am to use in a slide show.

I go to 'Images'

I press 'upload multiple pictures from your computer'

Internet Explorer Security Queries Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

I click 'Allow'

I am returned to Wesite:Images:uploading Images

There is a message: 'If you have not finished uploading pictures switch to picture editor and finish uploading'

Where is picture editor and how do I navigate to it? Will this enable me to load up multiple pictures to 'Images'?

many thanks

Roy

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hello Roy,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about uploading multiple images to your Image Library.

The picture editor (Microsoft Office Picture Manager) is located in the Microsoft Office 2010 Tools however this a software program that started with the Microsoft Office 2003 suite. Only Microsoft Office 2007 SP2 and newer are supported in Office 365.

Yes, this will enable you to upload multiple images that are located on your local computer. Please make sure that you are using the 32-bit Internet Explorer browser when trying to upload multiple files at one time.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • I have Microsoft Ofice 2007 SP2 with 32 -bit Internet Explorer.  I am selecting 'Upload multiple pictures from your computer to this library'

There is then a message:

' If you have not finished uploading the pictures, switch to the picture editor and finish uploading. When you have finished, close the picture editor, and click the link below. The link is 'Go back to images'

Where is picture editor and how do I navigate to it? Will the picture editor enable me to load up multiple pictures to 'Images'?

Many thanks

Roy

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Roy,           

Use the following instructions to start Picture Manager:

1)      From the Start menu, select All Programs.

2)      Click to open the Microsoft Office folder.

3)      Click to open the Microsoft Office Tools folder.

4)      Click Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

For further information regarding the Picture Manager for Microsoft Office 2007, please check out the following link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/about-picture-manager-HP001001721.aspx?CTT=1

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hello Roy,

Did you have any further questions?

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Fine, picture manager is open, but nothing happens! You provide no information in your answers other than this is how you open it. This doesn't help. Once it is open then what? There is nothing!

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Chrsko,

To upload multiple images or pictures, please follow these instructions:

1)      Make sure you are using the 32-bit Internet Explorer browser

2)      Navigate to your Website Image Library

3)      Click the Upload dropdown, click the Upload Multiple Pictures option (it may ask you to sign in if you didn’t select the Keep Me Signed In option when you logged in)

4)      The Microsoft Office Picture Manager will open if you have it installed on your local computer

5)      You should be able to add the images or pictures that you would like to upload

6)      On the right side in the Upload options, choose the Send pictures optimized for viewing on the web option

7)      Click Upload and Close

This should upload the images into your website image library.

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• Top 50 Contributor
  • This is so typical of the canned garbage answers I get here. Answers that only show up once a day. Great help! What I am saying is this does not work! I am using 32 bit, I am using 2010 picture manager. When I select upload multiple nothing happens. If I open 2010 picture manager I see no options for uploading.

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Chrsko,

When you log into Office 365, do you have the “Keep Me Signed In” option checked?

Please make sure that you have the “Keep Me Signed In” option checked before you log into your Microsoft Online Portal while using a 32-bit IE browser and then follow steps 2-7. For step 7, the “Upload and Close” button will be in the bottom-right corner of the Picture Manager.

If the above instructions do not work for you, please answer the following questions:

1)      What Operating System are you using?

2)      What browser and version (IE7, IE8, IE9) are you using?

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hello Chrsko,

Did you have any further questions?

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• Top 50 Contributor
  • No, they don't work. I am using W7 with IE9.

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Chrsko,

Do you have the Microsoft Picture Manager installed?

When you log into Office 365 are you making sure that the “Keep Me Signed In” check box is checked?

I have tested this multiple times and I do not run into an issue. As long as I have the “Keep Me Signed In” checkbox checked and I am using the 32-bit IE9 browser, it opens when I click the Upload Multiple Pictures option.

When you click the “About Internet Explorer” option what version is listed?

Is your Open with Explorer option for your documents grayed out or are you able to click it?

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• Top 50 Contributor
  • You don't bother reading the previous entries do you? I have answered all of these questions before. And while it is great that it works for you, it means absolutely nothing to me, I still can't upload multiple images.

"Is your Open with Explorer option for your documents grayed out or are you able to click it?" Not sure what you are asking?

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Chrsko,

The Open with Explorer option is a windows directory that may be used to drag and drop items into libraries or folders in SharePoint. It is located in the Library tab under the Library Tools. Is this Option grayed out or are you able to click on it?

When you click the “About Internet Explorer” option in the Browser Tools menu, what version is listed?

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hello Chrsko,

Please answer the questions posted above so I may continue to work towards a resolution.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• Top 50 Contributor
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1|2|