No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Can I be notified if a spreadsheet is modified?

• 2 Followers
  • 2 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I'm trying to find a way for us to save a spreadsheet containing a product quote in Office365, then share the link to the quote to a prospective customer, and if they agree to do a trial, be notified that they modified the spreadsheet indicating acceptance of an evaluation of the products listed in the spreadsheet.

Perhaps there is a better way to do that but I have not found it and thought that Office365 might be the way.  Also, for them to modify the sheet, they would need an account correct?  Can Office365 notify me if someone changes a spreadsheet?

Thanks.

-Steve

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Steve,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

It is possible to set up alerts on a file that you have uploaded to your Team Site. You can set up the alert to notify you immediately when the file has been changed and saved. You can share your site to allow external users to see the documents via the site settings.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)