No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Seriously Microsoft - Sort it out!!

• 1 Follower
  • 2 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

First things first, Microsoft you have done a wonderful job with Office 365 and you deserve a big pat on the back, it is a great product and works well.

However that said you have some work to do.  There are so many little glitches and issues and little things that all add up to a big pain in the backside.

Some of the more notable are:

1) Why can we not have Ampersands (&) in file names?  Seriously I can do this in any other system and renaming a 1000 customer files with ampersands is no fun.

2) PDF's should open in a browser if I have adobe installed, it's not a security risk, seriously.

3) Forums are not new, there is some great software out there and I suggest you look it up.  We dont need an email to tell us when we started a new thread or when we reply to our own thread.

This next one I only discovered on Friday and needs addressing ASAP.

4) Cannot download or install Office 2010 Professional Plus if you are just trialling it. 

I will expand on this one.  We took on a new customer on a 30 day trial of Office 365 P1, they also wanted Office Pro plus, so signed up for the trial of that too.  No worries when you log in to portal it says you have 2 subscriptions and all is well.  However it's not, because you cant download Office pro plus from the portal, it's just not an option.  If you get round it by logging in with your account and downloading the installer, it's still no good as it wont let you activate it with the customers details as it says they dont have a valid subscription.

so our customer signed up for a 30 day trial of something they cannot use.  Super! Makes us and Microsoft look super special when we have to deal with these issues.

Keep up the good work, but must try harder.

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
  • Hi Darren,

1) Why can we not have Ampersands (&) in file names? Seriously I can do this in any other system and renaming a 1000 customer files with ampersands is no fun.

2) PDF's should open in a browser if I have adobe installed, it's not a security risk, seriously.

For above two points I'd like to suggest you give feedback to us, your advice helps us to make this service better for you and others. 

3) Forums are not new, there is some great software out there and I suggest you look it up. We don't need an email to tell us when we started a new thread or when we reply to our own thread.

If you don't like to receive mails when you post replies/questions, there is an option you can uncheck it. By default this option is checked when you post new/question or reply post. See snapshot below: 

4) Cannot download or install Office 2010 Professional Plus if you are just trialling it. 

If you are the P tenant in the trial period, you can use Office professional plus also for trial. Because it's not included by default, so if you want to use trial Office Professional Plus you need follow below steps:

- Go to Admin page > Subscriptions > click Purchase

- On the Purchase subscriptions page, then you can get trial for Office professional plus. 

- Then assign Office Professional Plus license to the particular user. 

- User who has license can download Office Professional Plus from Download page.

Best Regards

Martin Xu

Microsoft Office 365 Support

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)