No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

How can I re-run Microsoft Sign-In Assistant?

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

This might be a dumb question, but I can't find an answer to it.

I have a new user that will be taking over another ex-employees laptop.  Is there anyway to re-run just the Microsoft Sign-In Assistant so I don't have to reinstall Office Professional Plus?

All Replies
  • Hi No_Face,
    I'd like to clarify your situation firstly. You want to re-run the Microsoft Sign-In Assistant to sign in the desktop with another Office 365 account, so that you can re-active Office Professional Plus subscription license. Am I right?

To re-run the Microsoft Sign-In Assistant, please go to Manually install Office 365 desktop updates, download and re-run it here.

Meanwhile, to refresh the Office Professional Plus license on the client, we need to  reactivate it by using Osaui.exe. Please do the following steps:
    1).Address the Osaui.exe at the laptop. It is located in the Office14 folder, you may perform a local file search to find it.
    2).Make sure that you are connected to the Internet.
    3).At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
       OSAUI.exe /K
    4).Type the Microsoft Online Services ID and password provided by your administrator for Office Professional Plus.

For detailed guides, please refer to Reactivate subscription license by using Osaui.exe

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• Hi No_Face,

Any updates on this issue? Have you resolved this issue on your side?

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

• I haven't had a chance to work on this yet, as the users laptop is on a different site.  I will let you know the results when I get a chance to try it out.

• Hi No_Face,

Thanks for your update, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

If you need any additonal assistance, please feel free to respond.

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang