No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Installation of Package Failed/Unlicensed Product Error

• This post has 4 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • Due to a random Unlicensing of my subscription to Office 2010 Pro Plus, I uninstalled completely after trying to run the OSAUI.exe file from Office14. 

Now that I am downloading the new version, the installation of the package is failing. 

To begin, why was my product randomly unlicensed?  We did not exceed our license limit.  I am the only user in my entire company to have received this error.  I tried following previous threads to get this issue resolved, and have had nothing work for me.  I uninstalled completely all portions of Office 2010 Pro Plus and any other related Office applications that showed up on my Programs Menu within the Control Panel.  The installation of this package is failing and I desparately need access to my subscribed and paid for Office 2010 Pro Plus programs.

• Hi John,

I fully understand your concerns and situation. To troubleshoot the issue, would you please let me know the detailed information of the issue?

1. How did you install the package? Where did you download it?
    2. Did you get any error message? If so, please capture screenshot for the error message and post here.

Besides, you may try the following article to make sure the previous installation was removed completely.

How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2010 suites
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Best regards,
    Alex Du

• Hi John,

How are things going on your side?

Alex Du

• I got Office 2010 Pro Plus reinstalled during a clean boot on the initial user's machine.  It worked fine.  But this morning, two more of my employees are now showing up as unlicensed.  I can't run the OSAUI.exe file either.  Not even as an administrator.  CMD won't find the file as well.

Why are they showing up as unlicensed??? I got the download from each individual user's portal.  The user's are still showing as licensed on the portal under the Admin login...why is it that this is happening?  Has Microsoft not issued a fix for this?  It seems that it problems many users quite frequently.  I don't have the time to do an uninstall and re-install for each user...and even if I did, who's to say that the product won't show up as unlicensed again?  Thanks for your time.

• Hi John,

Office Pro Plus Subscription (OSub) will make periodic checks that a user is licensed for it in Office 365, and then renew the license for the desktop software.  It is possible that somewhere along the way, this check and renewal is failing.

In order to check the licensing status of the software, please check the Help section under the File menu.  Additonally, you can use the ospp.vbs script to get details.

Please provide the output from the following command (choose the correct version for your installation)

Usage on 64-bit Windows with 32-bit Office: cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office14\"ospp.vbs /dstatus

Usage on 32-bit Windows, or 64-bit Office with 64-bit Windows: cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office14\"ospp.vbs /dstatus

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)