No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Is the Office Professional Plus Subscription supposed to prompt for a password every time the computer is rebooted?

• 4 Followers
  • 7 Replies |
  • This post has 3 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I activated my first E3 subscription and had a question about the Office Desktop Subscription.  Is the user really required to validate their subscription every time they reboot their computer?

It would seem that this should somehow be validated using the Microsoft Online Services Sign In Assistant just like SharePoint, Lync, and Outlook are.

Also, if a user is only required to validate their subscription once every 30 days, why are they prompted every day?

So I guess my question is, are things not working right on my computer or is it really supposed to prompt me every time I reboot?

Thanks!

Jeff

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
  • I suppose you can try to re-install the "Office 365 Desktop Setup " again.

Refer:onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff637537.aspx

If it is still notice you to enter user name and password.

Run "Cmd" as Administrator.

Use Command to change to the installtion folder of Office professionla plus :"cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14"

Then Enter "OUAUI.exe /k"  to reactive the office.

Or you can caputre a picture of the activation status of offce.

You can run Word, then Click 'File' on the top-left , then choose 'Help' tab, you can see the activation status of Office

• Top 200 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your information.

In your situation, I'd like to confirm what's the activation status of your Office firstly.

To check this, you may refer to Thinkpad007's suggestion, and it is: Run one Office product (For example: Microsoft Word), Click 'File' on the top-left, select 'Help' panel, you can see the activation status on the top right.

For troubleshooting this issue, you may refer to the following articles:

Reactivate subscription license by using Osaui.exe

Office Professional Plus enters reduced functionality mode

If you have other questions, please feel free to post on the forum.

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hello all.  Thank you for your assistance with this issue.  I was able to get it working.  

I discovered the issue had to do with the fact that I had two versions of Office 2010 installed simultaneously.  When I looked at File > Help it said I had Office Professional and Office Professional Plus.  Office Professional Plus was not validating though.  After finding the OSAUI.EXE utility in a different folder than was recommended above (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office14\), I ran OSAUI.EXE with the /f and /k switches but it still didn't work.

Only after uninstalling both versions of Office, reinstalling Office Professional Plus, and running OSAUI.EXE /k, was I able to make it work.

Thanks again!

• Not Ranked
All Replies
  • I suppose you can try to re-install the "Office 365 Desktop Setup " again.

Refer:onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff637537.aspx

If it is still notice you to enter user name and password.

Run "Cmd" as Administrator.

Use Command to change to the installtion folder of Office professionla plus :"cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14"

Then Enter "OUAUI.exe /k"  to reactive the office.

Or you can caputre a picture of the activation status of offce.

You can run Word, then Click 'File' on the top-left , then choose 'Help' tab, you can see the activation status of Office

• Top 200 Contributor
  • Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the information ThinkPad007 provided first.

Do you mean that activating Office Professional Plus message always prompt after users restart the computer?
    If so, No. Once Office Professional Plus subscription is activated, the prompt message for activation won't show again although restarting computer.
    As a result, please follow the information ThinkPad007 provided to troubleshoot the issue.

If you need further assistance after following the information above, please feel free to post it.

Best regards,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hello Jeff,

How are the things going?
    In addition, do you need further assistance on the issue?

Best regards,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
  • ThinkPad007

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I had already tried reinstalling Office and rerunning the Office 365 Desktop Setup.  Just for kicks I did it again, but it didn't make a difference.

I checked the activation status in Word and it still says "Product Activation Required", despite the fact that I do log in and validate Office Professional Plus each time it prompts me.

I tried running the OUAUI.exe command as you suggestion, but the executable does not exist in the specified directory (or in any directory on my computer for that matter).  I ran an Internet search on the OUAUI.exe file to see if I could learn more about it, but couldn't find any information on it.

Do you have any other suggestions for me?

Thanks!

• Not Ranked
  • Cluad,

To answer your question, every time I reboot my computer I receive  window that says "Sign In:  Verify your subscription by signing in with your Microsoft Online Services ID".  As I discovered from ThinkPad007, despite verifying my subscription, Word does not show that it is activated.

You can see my reponse to ThinkPad007 regarding his suggestions.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your information.

In your situation, I'd like to confirm what's the activation status of your Office firstly.

To check this, you may refer to Thinkpad007's suggestion, and it is: Run one Office product (For example: Microsoft Word), Click 'File' on the top-left, select 'Help' panel, you can see the activation status on the top right.

For troubleshooting this issue, you may refer to the following articles:

Reactivate subscription license by using Osaui.exe

Office Professional Plus enters reduced functionality mode

If you have other questions, please feel free to post on the forum.

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hello all.  Thank you for your assistance with this issue.  I was able to get it working.  

I discovered the issue had to do with the fact that I had two versions of Office 2010 installed simultaneously.  When I looked at File > Help it said I had Office Professional and Office Professional Plus.  Office Professional Plus was not validating though.  After finding the OSAUI.EXE utility in a different folder than was recommended above (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office14\), I ran OSAUI.EXE with the /f and /k switches but it still didn't work.

Only after uninstalling both versions of Office, reinstalling Office Professional Plus, and running OSAUI.EXE /k, was I able to make it work.

Thanks again!

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)