No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Attach document to email

• This post has 5 Replies |
  • 3 Followers
  • How does an end user email a document from sharepoint using the email web client.  I dont understand why i cant browse to a document library from within the exchange web client attatch a document and send.
  • Hello bsdotnet,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support. Thank you for coming to the communities with your concerns about creating an email and attaching a document from SharePoint.

To accomplish this task, please follow these instructions:

1)      Go to your site collection and use the “Open with Explorer” option

-          This will allow you to map a network drive to SharePoint from your local computer

2)      Go to the local computer, click the Start button

3)      Choose Computer

4)      Click on Map a Network Drive

5)      Choose a Drive letter, add your site collection URL

-          Ex. http://domain.sharepoint.com/teamsite

6)      Click Finish

7)      Go to your Outlook in Office 365

8)      Click New to send an email

9)      Click on the attachments icon

10)    Navigate to your site collection in the directory

11)    Choose the document you want to add as an attachment

Please let me know if you have any further questions that I can help you with.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

Office 365 SharePoint Support

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello bsdotnet,

Did you find the instructions in the above post helpful?

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• That’s a work around but it’s very clumsy what if I’m at a kiosk or from a tablet.   I’ve been using share point since team services I’m not sure why this feature and simple tasks like move a document to another folder or library hasn’t been implemented as click and drag or an action item.  

• Hello bsdotnet,

I apologize but unfortunately there is not a simple way to complete this task at this time. Feel free to leave feedback on this subject here.

If it is found to be something that can be changed, it may come in the form of a
    service update, however there is no guarantee.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• Post 2013 update, I am having CHRONIC issues - not able to map, not able to open with explorer. Thus, not able to attach docs in Teamsite to emails.  I've spent at least an hour a day on this.  When is this going to get resolved? What is the point of storing our documents online, only to have a headache everytime we need to email a client a document?  Please fix this mircorsoft!!!!  You should be able to attach your teamsite documents to emails in MS outlook!  Thoughts? Timeframe for fixing this?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)