No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Add holidays to calendar

This question is answered This question is answered

Under Outlook Options Calendar, there is a possibility to add the holidays of a particular country to the calendar.

However, I have 2 Exchange accounts added to Outlook. When I want to add a holiday calendar, I have no possibility to select to which calendar to add the holidays to.

As it happened, when I tried to add holidays, it was added to the wrong calendar.

Any solution for that?

best regards 

Verified Answer
  • Hi Turboman,

Based on my testing, once you choose a location, and add holidays for them, Outlook 2010 will add holidays to all the calendars in the current profile of Outlook. You should be able to see the holidays in each calendar in your Outlook.

To add holidays in an individual calendar, you can split each account to a separate Outlook Profile.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

All Replies
  • Hi Turboman,

Based on my testing, once you choose a location, and add holidays for them, Outlook 2010 will add holidays to all the calendars in the current profile of Outlook. You should be able to see the holidays in each calendar in your Outlook.

To add holidays in an individual calendar, you can split each account to a separate Outlook Profile.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Hi Turboman,

Is there any more assistance needed here?

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Hello Reken, thanks for the enquiry.

Actually the problem has increased:

- I have one profile "Outlook", but I see the holidays in one calendar only.

- Because of your input, I tried again, and holidays were added to one calendar only, and the same calendar which was used when I added holidays the first time.

- So now I have the same holiday schedule twice in one calendar. Because of that, I wanted to manually delete holidays. But when I delete a holiday entry, it only deletes the holiday entry for that particular year, but not for the next years (it is not deleted as a recurring event).

So now my calendar is messed up: double holiday entries for many years.

How can I clean it up? How can I delete the holiday entries for all the years in an easy way?  

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Turboman,

I am sorry to hear that you followed my instructions, and made things worse. To delete the holiday entries, please perform the following steps:

1. Open your calendar, choose Current View, and click Change View to change the view to List.

2. Choose the first holiday entry in the list, press Shift, and click the last one.

3. Right click on the selected entries, and delete them.

You can repeat these steps to delete all the holiday entries. After that, you may re-add the holiday entries with the previous method, change the view to List, select all the holiday entries in the list, press Ctrl + C, and then open the List view for another calendar which you want to add holiday. Press Ctrl + V to paste all the holiday entries to that calendar.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• hello Reken,

Thanks for the advice. I could now clean up the calendar.

When re-adding the country holidays, same thing happened. No control over which calendar is used.

Of course, I have a workaroung with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, but that is not very convenient. Pls take it up with MS for a futue improvement.

In the meantime, I am OK now with this matter, and no need to continue this topic.

thanks,

turboman

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• So I'm trying to add holidays to our Advertising calendar. Following the instructions here's what happens.

1. Create additional calendar

2. Add holidays.,

3. System says holidays installed already?

4. Click ok and see no holidays were actually added...

5. Go to main calendar and see extra holidays.

6. Cry and shake fist at sky.

FIX THIS

Now I can copy or move them to the other calendar but that is not intuitive.

• Hi Micah Burke,

Please try to fix the issue by re-running the desktop set up on your computer and create a new profile. If the issue cannot be resolved by this, I recommend you to open a new thread in the forum, and you will get dedicate support in the new thread.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Reken Liu,

This is not an install problem, this is a functionality problem. If you read the entire thread, this is same problem the others had that you recommended they solve by copying the holidays to the other calendar.