No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

GSOC - "Work hours" reset to default in Outlook 2010

• 3 Followers
  • 3 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Hello, We are using Office365 Beta E. We have a Win7 laptop having the Online connector installed running Office 2010.  When switching from an on-premise Outlook account to an Office365 Outlook account, and then back to on-premise, the “work hours” of the on-premise mailbox change from what I have it set to (7:00-3:30) to 8:00-5:00. I must reset the work hours each time I return to my on-premise account. What do we need to do to prevent that?

Thank you!

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Courtney,

Are you changing the work hours to 7:00-3:30 for both the on-premise and the beta account? The Outlook 2010 Calendar work hours are stored in your registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar so on a per user basis I would think that if the work hours are the same for both Outlook profiles it should stay that way.

Another option for Outlook 2010 you might try since it supports two Exchange accounts would be to add the beta account as a second Exchange account to your existing profile so you don't have to switch between the two.

Thanks,

Gene

• Not Ranked
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
  • His online account work hours were also set to 7-3:30, so it shouldn’t be setting it back to default. I will test it with my accounts and look at the registry setting. Currently on my configuration, I added the online account to my on-premise profile. I’ll see what he is doing.

Thanks for your help. I’ll update when I have more information.

Courtney

• Not Ranked
  • Here is a Technet that discusses the configuration of multiple Exchange Accounts within Outlook 2010 technet.microsoft.com/.../ee815819.aspx

David Rummelhart MSFT Moderator
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Male
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)