No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Wrong Password for Online Services Sign-In Assistant

• 3 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

I am trying to login using the Online Services Sign-In Assistant.

It keeps telling me I have the wrong username and password. I am the administrator for our online services and have verified my username and password by signing in online.

I have tried signing out online and restarting my computer. I still get the message that my username or password is incorrect when trying to use the Sign-In Assistant.

Is there a separate login to use for the Online Services Sign-In Assistant? Why won't it log me in?

I have verified several times that I am using the correct username and password!

Please Help.

Lori

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Lori,
    I know you want to setup your desktop with Office 365 account, you have downloaded the Sign in assistant but you couldn't login your account for setting up your desktop.
    In this situation, I'd like to confirm the following things:
      1. Which browser are you use to Login MOP (Microsoft Online Portal), is it IE?
      2. If not, can you log into your Office 365 account in IE?

For troubleshooting this issue, I would suggest you clear cache and cookies of your IE browser and try to run the desktop setup again.
    To do this, Open your IE browser, Click the Tools button , point to Safety, and then click Delete browsing history. Select Temporary Internet Files and Cookies, uncheck Preserve Favorites website data check box if you had added the .onmicrosoft.com domain as favorite, click Delete.

If the problem still occurs, you may try to perform a clean boot by referring to How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7.

If you have other questions, please feel free to post on the forum.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Lori,

Any updates on this issue? Have you resolved this issue or do you need any further assistant?

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

• Top 25 Contributor
  • I have exactly the same issue. Only deference is that is have a demo-account. But I couldn't find anything about not having access with the online services sing-In tool if you have a demo account. I had an other account login, from someone who visited, that could login without a problem. So I'm guessing it's my account that is cousin the problem.

Beside that I have access to some more Virtual Windows Machines and installed the tool on that. Still no success.

I also have access with the sharepoint workspace 2010 with the same account but on that same computer no access with the MOS SIA.

I have to test this for one of my clients that wants to go to 365. Right now I can not give him a good advice.

Hope to get some help.

Thanks,

Ben

• Not Ranked
  • Hi CDCloudy,

Thanks for your post.

With a trial account, we would be able to download and run the Office 365 Desktop setup. Do you mean you can't login the Sign in assistant with your other virtual machines either?

According to your situation, I suggest you troubleshoot this issue by referring to my initial post.

If the error still persists, for further troubleshooting this issue, I suggest you do the following: Create a new user account in MOP (Microsoft Online Portal); login MOP with the new user account; go to downloads page; download and run the desktop Setup and then try to login the Sign in assistance with the new user.

In addition, for us to find your question and focus on it more easily, I'd like you can open a new thread for discussion.

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang

• Top 25 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)