No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Email Transition

This question is answered This question is answered

Ok.  I have had my nice easy webpage and web based email (OLSB) for some time.  I have no outlook programme on my pc so in order to retain my emails I downloaded a trail.

My idea was then to move my emails, contacts etc to the web based whatever it is called and use that once my free trail expired.  I am now stuck as I cant get past this stage and have no idea what to do.

My reading of the instructions are to copy & paste the emails to my new page.  The outlook programme appears to copy but the web based programme wont let me paste on. 

Let me know if I am understanding this properly as I cant move to the next stage from here.

Thanks

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Susson,

Thanks for your posing here.
    I understand that you are on the process of transition from OLSB to Office 365, and need to move your emails, calendar and contacts to Office 365.
    In general, to move the account data, we may use client Outlook to achieve it by adding the two accounts into one Outlook profile, copying the data from OLSB account and pasting it into Office 365 account.

The exclusive promotional offer for OLSB customers provides you with a 6 month free trial subscription of Office Professional Plus – The latest version of Office 2010 desktop applications. Therefore, you may use it and move your account data with the step-by-step provided in the self-transition guide.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Hi Susson,

Thanks for your reply.  For the OLSB transition user, Office365 provide  Office Pro Plus application for 6 months trial. You can use that for the email migration tools.  Detail information, you can take a look at ask.officelive.com/.../available-today-exclusive-6-month-free-promotional-code-for-olsb-customers.aspx

Thanks. Neo Zhu

• Hi Susson,

Thanks for your reply.
    The promotional offer is available around February 1, 2012 – be sure to watch your email or follow this blog for the announcement. Once the promotional offer is available, you will have until April 30, 2012 to sign into OLSB to access your unique one-time use promotional code for Office 365. Upon sign-up for Office 365, the 6 month promotional offer will begin.

Please note that the OLSB service will be discontinued on May 1, 2012. All access to the OLSB service and pubic web sites will end on that date.

More information about Office 365 and OLSB FAQ, please refer to the website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/olsb/FAQ-EN-US.html

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

All Replies
  • Hi Susson,

Thanks for your posing here.
    I understand that you are on the process of transition from OLSB to Office 365, and need to move your emails, calendar and contacts to Office 365.
    In general, to move the account data, we may use client Outlook to achieve it by adding the two accounts into one Outlook profile, copying the data from OLSB account and pasting it into Office 365 account.

The exclusive promotional offer for OLSB customers provides you with a 6 month free trial subscription of Office Professional Plus – The latest version of Office 2010 desktop applications. Therefore, you may use it and move your account data with the step-by-step provided in the self-transition guide.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Hi Susson,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful.
    Please feel free to post back whether you need additional assistance.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Grace, your answer doesn't help me.  I understand I have to copy and paste my emails however whilst I can copy from the MS Outlook programme the paste function does not work with Outlook Web App.  Are you referring to something else?

• Hi Susson,

Thanks for your reply.  For the OLSB transition user, Office365 provide  Office Pro Plus application for 6 months trial. You can use that for the email migration tools.  Detail information, you can take a look at ask.officelive.com/.../available-today-exclusive-6-month-free-promotional-code-for-olsb-customers.aspx

Thanks. Neo Zhu

• Hi Susson,

Is there additional assistance needed here?

If so, please feel free to post in the forum. We will be more than happy to be of help.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• This might have helped me but I get a link not found

• Grace, I struggle to find the forum never mind anything else!

• Hi Susson,

Thanks for your reply.
    The promotional offer is available around February 1, 2012 – be sure to watch your email or follow this blog for the announcement. Once the promotional offer is available, you will have until April 30, 2012 to sign into OLSB to access your unique one-time use promotional code for Office 365. Upon sign-up for Office 365, the 6 month promotional offer will begin.

Please note that the OLSB service will be discontinued on May 1, 2012. All access to the OLSB service and pubic web sites will end on that date.

More information about Office 365 and OLSB FAQ, please refer to the website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/olsb/FAQ-EN-US.html

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Hi Susson,

Is there additional assistance needed here?

If so, please feel free to post in the forum.

Thanks,

Grace Shi