No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Move a file to a folder

• This post has 5 Replies |
  • 3 Followers
  • Hi.

I have been trying to move a file to a folder but when I try to use Drag and Drop I just get a "not allowed" sign.

Any ideas as to how to do this.

Ben

• Hi Ben,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

How exactly are you trying to drag and drop? Are you using and Explorer View of you SharePoint document library to do this, or are you using something else?
    I will continue to monitor this thread and wait for your reply.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Hi Tim

Many thanks for your reply.

I am using the latest version of Explorer.  I select the  "Shared Documents" option from the Microsoft Office 365 "Home" page but when I try to move a file to a folder I just get the "not allowed" sign.

Any ideas ?

Ben

• Hi Ben,

Since you are able to access the SharePoint site, this tells me that you do have some kind of permissions set up for your user account. Have you tried to upload document directly through the SharePoint site and see if you get the same error?

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Ben,

It sounds as though you're just trying to drag and drop files directly in the browser, this isn't an option.

You can try navigating to your "Shared Documents" library, clicking the Library Tab in the ribbon and click Open with Explorer.  Using this view you should be able to navigate your SharePoint libraries and drag/drop files to different folders.

You can also try utilizing SharePoint Workspace as well.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Tim

Yes I can upload files to Sharepoint and I can look at them etc. - but just can't copy them to a folder !

Ben

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)