No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

No link to download Lync in 365 setup portal.

• 3 Followers
  • 8 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
Following the Users Checklist for the 365 Transition, the second step has you download and install Lync. When I go to the Download link, there is no link to download Lync as given in the Checklist instructions. Do we even need to have this to use this new Office365 connection for Outlook? We use Office 2007 and 2010 in our office. Is Lync neccessary? If so, how do we download it?
  • Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Steps,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes, the link you sent for Lync worked and so far the PCs I had the original problem on downloaded, installed and configured as they should. We can close this thread. I'll come back if we hit any other snags. Thank you.

• Not Ranked
  • Well, maybe I spoke too soon. We now have a new problem. Under the old system we had several folders under Maibox-Public Folder that now are not accessible. I get the following message when I try to open one of the folders.

"Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. Network problems are preventing connection to Microsoft Exchange."

These are shared folders that we use in our office.

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Steps,

Thank you for your update. I am glad that you can install/configure lync client for users properly with Anna’s suggestion.

Per the previous post, it seems that users cannot access Public folders reside on your on-premise mail system. Is it right? Just for the information, Public folders are not available in Exchange Online. If there are some Public folders in your on-premise domain, you can refer to steps in article below to migrate them to Office 365.

Migrate from Exchange Public Folders to Microsoft Office 365
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=27582

If the issue persists, you can post a new thread for this problem to help you resolve the problem more effectively.

Thank you.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Steps,

Just checking in to see whether the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like additional assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Must be some magic at work. Neither I or our IT support did anything but all of our Public Folders appeared and are updating normally. I think we can close this one down now, too.  Thank you.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Steps,

Appreciate your update and response. I am glad to hear that the problem has been fixed. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)