No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Permissions -- Full Control vs Admin Privileges

• 2 Followers
  • 3 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered
What is the difference between full control and admin privileges?  This is a relatively simple site with a very small number of users. Thanks.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Sue,
    This is Bob Kasper from Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.  Thank you for coming to the communities with your question on the differences between a user that has admin privileges and a user with full control privileges.
    When you create a user and give them admin rights you are giving them Full control.  So to answer your question there are the same thing .
    Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with as I will be monitoring this thread over the next few days.
    Thank you,
    Bob Kasper
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Thanks for your help. Am I correct in understanding that to create sites, one needs that level of permissions?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Sue,
    Here is a Permission levels and permissions article that explains the differences in permission levels.
    Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with as I will be monitoring this thread over the next few days and will reply as soon as possible.
    Thank you,  
    Bob Kasper
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support
    • Top 100 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)