No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Connecting an email to an account error

• 3 Followers
  • 20 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my compagny email to my microsoft account but i get a message saying that a connection to this email already exist. It is not the case, it use to work but i did some testing and when i tried to put it back on i got this error.

I did test the migrating function so i deleted the migrated mailbox. I verified on every other user that they didn't have my email connected to one of them.

So now i'm stuck with two account on my outlook because i can't put my user.name@domain.ca to my user.name@domain.onmicrosoft.com. A problem that i didn't use to have. It has been around 24 hours now, maybe there is a delay?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

• Post Points: 50
All Replies
  • Hi Eric,

Thanks for your post. I would like clairfy the situation of this case first. For my understanding , you are trying to use Connected Account to connet your company emailbox . When you start to connect, there is an error saying "the connection is already exist" and before that you did some testing about email migration .

Generelly speaking , for this kind of case was coming the email migration is not finished. For this cas, I would like to confirm that have you clicked on "complete migration" button since you finished the setting.  You can take a look the following picture.

Thanks,
    Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi,

I've deleted the migration item because i couldn't see the complete migration button. So i tried to connect my company account back like it was before. But I get the error that the connection already exist.

regards,

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Eric,

Thanks for your information. Deleting migration items can't remove the migration session. Simply, once we click on "complete migration" , the migration service will do couple things like : remove all the object on AD , remove migration batch, stop migration session and so on.

For this case, If you can't find that button, could you please capture a screenshot about the migration page.

Thanks

• Top 25 Contributor
  •  

Here you go, sorry for the french version.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Eric,

Thanks for your informatiion. Next steps for this case, I'd like you can use PowerShell to check the connected account and also remove it by Powershell. Please do the following steps:

1. connect Exchange Online via PowerShell help.outlook.com/.../cc952755.aspx
    2, Get the connected account information, For example: your connected account is "user@domain.ca"  , RUN "Get-Subscription user@domain.ca"
    3, Remove the connected account "Get-Subscription user@domain.ca" and Press "Y" for confirmation.

Thanks

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi Eric,

How are things going? I have not heard back from you in a few days and wanted to check on the status of the problem. Please let me know how the troubleshooting turned out. Your time is appreciated.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • On the Get-Subscription user@domain.ca I get the error : this objet couldn't be found on 'AggregationSubscriptionDataProvider'.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Eric,

Thank for your reply. The error message you provided means there is no connected account by using "user@domain.ca" in your tenant. For further troubleshooting, could you please capture a screenshot about the error message when you add your Office email account on Office365?

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi Eric,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting.

Thank you. Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi, I'm sorry for the delay but I'm the only IT of my company and since I'm the only one having this trouble let say that the priority of this is not Critical.

Here I have taken images to show you what I'm doing:

Thank you

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Eric,

I have checked your domain information. Have you verified "datahex.ca" at Office365 before?

Thanks, Neo Zhu 

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Yes I did. Plus all my other datahex.ca users have been working with no issue.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Eric,

You can't use connected account to connect other Office365 account. It's a by design setting.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hello,

my "@datahex.ca" is not an office365 account. I'm connecting an @datahex.onmicrosoft.com to a @datahex.ca account. I used this method to all the users of my company. I'm the only one which does not work this way. Are you telling me that this should not work for any of us? And that I should "unverify" my domain?

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1|2|