No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

MS Access 2010 Linked table The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted. Deleting the VBA project removes all codes from modules, forms and report

• Hi everyone.

I've created a MS Access database with some linked tables, some queries and some forms (with VBA codes behind it). When I try to update my linked tables with the linked table manager (right mouse button on my table) I get the error message:

"The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted. Deleting the VBA project removes all codes from modules, forms and reports. You should back up your database before attempting to open the database and delete the VBA project."

When I press OK I get the message:

"The wizard you've requested is not installed or is in a bad state. Please install or reinstall the wizard. If you don't have permission to do this on your computer, please contact your helpdesk representative".

We use the Office365 version. I found a patch for this issue on this location, but when I try to install Office365 is updating my system afterwards and undo this patch.

Does anyone has this same issue ? And more imported how did you solve this ?

Regards

Ernst

• Hi Ernst van Ameyde,

This is Jonis from Microsoft Online SharePoint Support.

It sounds like there is an issue with the MS Access installation on your local computer.  I would recommend that you repair the Office Professional Plus for Office 365 installation on the pc to resolve the issue.  The following link titled General troubleshooting in Office Professional Plus for Office 365 has a section labeled Repair Office installation and services.  Please follow the steps detailed in that section to repair your Office installation.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg702620.aspx

In the following kb article you will find links to install the latest updates and configure your computer to use Office 365.  Click on the link that relates to your Office 365 subscription (Professionals vs. Enterprise) and following the instructions to manually update and configure desktops for office 365.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2629108

I will continue to monitor this thread for any additional posts or questions.

• Hi Jonis thanks for your clear response.

What have I done in the mean time was to deinstall the complete office-suite and reinstall, because  a repair failed. After the installation some of the queries and SQL commands didn't run in my database, e.g. "A alter column in table"-command. I had to install the MS Access runtime SP1 and everything worked as before.

So for now it works and I keep my fingers crossed it will keep working.

But I keep your links in my favorites to help my colleagues

Thanks again.

• Hi Ernst van Ameyde,

This is Jonis from Microsoft Online SharePoint Support.

Thank you for your reply and for using the Microsoft Online SharePoint Services Forums.

I am glad that everything is now working, at least for the time being.

Best Regards,

• Hi Jonis

Unfor. it happend again today. Everytime I try to transfer data from excel or a txt-file to an access-table I get the same error as before "The wizard you've requested is not installed or is in a bad state. Please install or reinstall the wizard. If you don't have permission to do this on your computer, please contact your helpdesk representative".

I guess this happend again after downloading new patches. So again we have to search what went wrong. Any ideas ?

Greetings

Ernst

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• It must be access database corrupted, make use http://www.access.repairtoolbox.com software supports ms access databases starting with MS Access 97 version program

• Unfort. it is not 1 database that is corrupt but it fails with every database we made (small and large). I think it has something to do with the MS Access installation.