Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I understand that after moving to Office 365, the Outlook 2010 for many users and Outlook 2007 for 1 user couldn’t connect to server. The users can access the web based email properly.
The issue is also caused by one of the following factors:
1. Exchange Cached Mode
2. The ost file for the account is corrupted.
To troubleshoot the issue, please refer the following steps on one user’s computer:
Step 1: Uncheck Exchange Cached Mode
1. Launch Outlook 2010. Click Tools, and then click Account Settings.
2. Select the Office 365 account. Then click Repair under E-mail tab.
3. Check “Manually configure server settings or additional server types”, Then click Next.
4. Uncheck “Use Cached Exchange Mode”. Then click Next.
5. Click Finish. Then click Close. Please close Outlook 2010 and launch it again.
If the issue persists, please move on Step 2 to continue troubleshooting.
Step 2: Delete the corrupted ost file
1. Launch Outlook 2010. Click Files, and then click Account Settings.
2. Select the Office 365 account. Write down the path of the outlook.ost file. Then click Close.
3. Close Outlook 2010. Located the path of the Outlook.ost file. Please make sure you select the Outlook.ost file before deleting it. Then Delete it.
4. Launch Outlook 2010 and Lync 2010 again to test the issue.
Step 3: Reconfigure Office 365 account in Outlook 2010 manually: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2404385.
For the user using Outlook 2007, you can refer the similar method to troubleshooting.
I would like to follow up with the question you posted previously. How are things going?
Not going too well. I tried that and it did not work. I submitted a ticket with microsoft to help with the problem.
I understand that the issue hasn’t been fixed. You have submitted a service request. I would like to get the service request number. To protect your privacy, I have sent you a private message on this. It was responded in a private message with a subject of "Information Request".
Please go to the Your details section on the right side of the community site.
Click Private messages.
Click the subject title of the response to read the message.
You can reply by using the form in that display to provide the information requested.
How are things going? Have you checked my private message? Could you please provide the service request number in private message? I will check the progress for you.
The problem has been fixed. Thanks for your help.