Outlook 2013 - Office 365 connection issues

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)
I have been using Office 365 email through Outlook 2013 for about 6 months. Today outlook on both office computers will not connect. We get Trying to connect and disconnected as the status. This is intermittent and does occasionally partially download a header or two. What do I do to restore the service.

We can check and send email through the online portal but does not look as professional nor is it as practical for us. Please help
All Replies
  • Hi Mainstone,

I fully understand the inconvenience the issue caused.

In the past hour, we have received several reports about the sudden Outlook connection issues from the European region. We have been aware of the issue and reported it to the relevant. Now, our support engineers are working on the issue. If we get updates about the issue, we will post it in this thread as soon as possible. Sorry again for any inconvenience and thanks for understanding.

Thanks,
    Claud

• We're not the only one apparently. heard from several customers there is no access form Outlook to the server. What's going on at the Microsoft servers? An explanation and forecast by Microsoft would be appreciated!

• Several users have reported issues this morning to me that Outlook is hanging while loading this morning.  They all happen to be Windows 8 users.  I'm on Windows 7 and have no problems connecting.

Not sure if this is related?  Maybe an update was pushed out and broken on Windows 8?

• Hi all,

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Now, our support engineers are working on the issue and engineering is currently looking into a potential fix which is being validated at this time. Here is the latest summary of the service incident:
    ============================================
    1/10/2014 2:58 AM PST (UTC: 1/10/2014 10:58 AM)
    Microsoft engineers are continuing to investigate the issue that is impacting some users ability to access Exchange Online. The issue looks to primarily impact Outlook client connectivity and connectivity via other protocols such as Outlook Web App or the Exchange Web Service are not seeing the issue. Engineering is currently looking into a potential fix which is being validated at this time.
    ============================================

At the same time, I will closely monitor the status of the incident and update the latest information in this thread. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks,
    Claud

• Hi Russell,

Based on the reports, the issue occurred to Outlook desktop applications on several operating systems from the European region. So, this issue may not be related to this service incident.
    For further troubleshooting, please post the detailed information about the issue, such as the symptom and some error messages (if got) in a new thread in the forum. Then, our support engineer will help you in the new thread. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks,
    Claud

• Hi all,

Here is the latest updates about the service incident:
    =================================
    1/10/2014 4:17 AM PST (UTC: 1/10/2014 12:17 PM)
    Microsoft engineers have identified an issue that is affecting some users ability to access the Exchange online service via Outlook client. Engineers have validated a fix and are packaging it to deploy across the environment. Users using the Outlook Web App and Exchange Web Service are not seeing the issue. The next update will be provided by January 10, 2014 at 2:30 PM UTC.
    ==================================
    Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
    Claud

• Hi All,

The issue was successfully fixed on Friday, January 10, 2014 at 12:32 PM UTC.

Here is the latest updates about the service incident:
    =================================
    Closure Summary: On Friday, January 10, 2014 at approximately 9:21 AM UTC, an issue was reported where some users from the European region were experiencing issues accessing their Exchange mailboxes via the Outlook client. Users using the Outlook Web App and Exchange Web Service were not affected during this incident. Engineers tested, validated and deployed a fix to mitigate impact. The issue was successfully fixed on Friday, January 10, 2014 at 12:32 PM UTC. A complete post-incident report will be available on the Service Health Dashboard within five business days.
    ==================================

Sorry again for any inconvenience.
    If you still have the question, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
    Jason Jiang