No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

attachment in an e-mail

This question is not answered This question is not answered

Hello,

When my colleagues try to attach a file from the sharepoint-teamsite to an email, the excel- or word format changes in somekind of a general format, it is not recognizable anymore as an excel or wordfile. The receiver of this email is therefore not able to open the file directly from the email but first has to save this and then open it out of excel or word, which is time consuming ofcourse. When a locally (harddisk) file is attached, this error does not occur and the format does not change.

Do you have a solution for this ?

Thanks,

Marcel Benner

All Replies
  • Hi Marcel,

How is the files being attached from the SharePoint site? Is the file being downloaded locally to the machine and then attached or is the file being attached from a mapped network drive?

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Hi Marcel,

I will need to know how the files are being attached so that I can direct you how to do it correctly.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support