No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

uploading / importing .pst files

This question is answered This question is answered

I am new to Office 365.  I have .pst files from my previous company (my calendar, email, etc.) I would like to upload / import these files to Office 365 but can not seem to be able to figure this out.  I did import Contacts easily.  Any help would be really appreciated... frustrated in Manhattan.  Thank you.

Jim B.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Jim,

There is no way to do this through PowerShell right now. The only way to do it...barring the use of 3rd party tools...is to configure an outlook profile for the user, then import the PST through Outlook.

I know unlocking the importPST CmdLets are high on the priority list at Microsoft but don't have an ETA on when they will be available.

Thanks,

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi Jim,

There is no way to do this through PowerShell right now. The only way to do it...barring the use of 3rd party tools...is to configure an outlook profile for the user, then import the PST through Outlook.

I know unlocking the importPST CmdLets are high on the priority list at Microsoft but don't have an ETA on when they will be available.

Thanks,

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Jim,

How are things going on your side? If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Alex Du

• Jorge

I am running Outlook 2007. How do I export my calendar as pst file into Office 365? I can export the pst file from Outlook no problem but I can't see a way to import it to 365

thanks

• You really don't need to import to 365. As Jorge says if you import to your Exchange account in desktop Outlook, everything will synch automatically.
  • Thanks for the response MCH.

However, my Outlook is connected to Exchange but the appointments in my Outlook personal calendar do not sync to the calendar in Exchange

• I've seen that problem with Outlook for Mac but the only issue I've had with a pc seems to be that anything in a specific calendar category doesn't sync. 
  • Hi Adam,

If you have tried what Jorge and Mch suggested and the issue still does not work, I would suggest you post a new thread about the detailed information of the issue you encountered and the steps you have done to resolve it, this is so we could focus on your questions and provide more specific solutions for you.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo