No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

remove "sent on behalf of"

• 4 Followers
  • 5 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I know this has asked before, but is there a way to remove "sent on behalf of" when sending emails from another mail account, where I don't have to add the domain to exchange online?

Not all users that have email accounts on our domain want to use outlook365 so this is not really possible.

Is there another way to do it?

Thanks

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi,

I want to confirm if you would like to remove "on behalf of" from the From field when you send out messages from your connected account in Office 365. If so,  currently it would not be possible to do so.

You may refer to the description of FAQs: Downloading E-Mail from Connected Accounts:

help.outlook.com/.../cc825484.aspx

“Messages you send from your connected account's address in Outlook Web App will show as having been sent on behalf of this address. If you've verified the e-mail address of the connected account in the verification e-mail sent to your other account, you'll be able to send on behalf of that address in Outlook Web App.”

However, I would really appreciate it if you could send feedback about this feature on Office 365 website with the following link:

g.microsoftonline.com/.../135

If the service is requested frequently, the our product team may include it in their future releases.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Why won't Microsoft allow us to send emails from our various email accounts linked to Office 365 without your system adding the "On behalf of" string in the header???

I run several businesses and each one has it's own domain name.  I would love to migrate my email accounts to Office365 from GoogleApps but until you allow me to send email "From" each account without the "On behalf of", I can't give you my business.

I have read several items in your forums from other people with the same request so I am hoping Microsoft will sit up and take notice. Many people have more than one email account these days and it seems natural to manage them within one system like Office 365 - but who wants a business email to go out "on behalf of" someone else? It looks tacky and very unprofessional.

If you review your policies and make this happen I am sure you will gain more business.

cheers

• Not Ranked
  • Hi,

If you would like to send emails directly from your connected account, the workaround is to add this account in Outlook 2010 as another email profile and send emails there.

If you want to send emails from connected account in Outlook Web App without "on behalf of", currently it would not be possible to do so.

However, I would really appreciate it if you could send feedback to the following site in the formal way:

<mymfe.microsoft.com/Microsoft Online Services/Feedback.aspx?formID=210>

If the service requests frequently, the product team may include it in the future releases.

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Best Regards,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • ok thanks Anna, I have done as you requested.

• Not Ranked
  • there is no solution for that and it drives me crazzzyyy!

I'm gonna cancel my office 365 account asap.

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)