No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

I can not install office 365 on my Windows XP machine

• 5 Followers
  • 2 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)
I'm trying to install office 365 on my windows xp machine and keep getting an error code telling me it's not a valid Win32 application. I've checked and made sure that my computer is 32-bit and I'm installing the 32-bit version...any ideas?
  • Post Points: 35
All Replies
  • I am not the world's expert on this, but I can tell you that Office 2013 desktop applications are not compatible with Windows XP, and it may be these that are tripping your installation up. I had a similar experience trying to install Office 365 from the web on a user's machine, based on a Microsoft web page that says Office 365 is compatible with Windows XP, so long as it has a particular Service Pack installed. Sorry I can't remember the exact details...Suffice to say, this advice does not apply to the Office 2013 desktop applications themselves. Extremely irritating, but true. I don't know what parts of OFfice 365 ARE compatible with XP...Perhaps this guidance was in reference to the Web applications, such as the in-browser Word and Excel applications? Either way, the desktop versions certainly are not XP compatible. And this is not made as clear as it could be Microsoft in my view.

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • HI,

The web based parts of Office 365 can run on just about anything with a newer browser, how ever the install is trying to install Office 2013, and that will only install and run on Windows 7 and 8.

Hope this helps

Robert

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
    Suggested by
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)