No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

How to uninstall Office 365

• 3 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi there,

We recently bought Office 365 for the entire family. My parents have installed it without any issues (dad uses Windows 7, mom uses Windows 8), however when I installed it on my new laptop (Windows 8), I couldn't open any files. It recognized it as MS Office files, but not as specific MS Word or MS Excel files. When I opened Excel or Word separately and opened it via that program, it did open the specific files. My laptop didn't seem to recognize the Office 365 version we had bought. 

Now we have tried to uninstall Office 365, but there is no way to uninstall it without having to follow an enormous list of actions that will cost us a lot of time. Since we have tried to uninstall it via the control panel, we can now not even open any MS Office programs.

So I guess my main question is: how can we uninstall Office 365, after which we can install it again to (hopefully) fix the aforementioned problem? 

Thanks in advance! 

• Post Points: 35
All Replies
  • Hi Thecla,

First of all can you lease elaborate the issue you’re facing with office application? Can you please provide the screenshot if you’re getting any error during accessing MS word and Excel file?

Which plan of Office 365 you’re using? Do you use Office Pro Plus 2010 or 2013?

You can find the Office products for Office 365 in following location and delete that Office apps folder:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\JNHKAVZX.XEH\3NN5P9QE.TN1\offi...app_c3bce3770c238a49_0001.0000_7ae0606593348d56\Office365DesktopSetup.exe

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\JNHKAVZX.XEH\3NN5P9QE.TN1\offi...app_c3bce3770c238a49_0001.0000_7ddabecc86cc0396\Office365DesktopSetup.exe

However, Office 2013 with Office 365 Service Upgrade comes with many new and compatibly features with earlier version. You can refer to the following articles:
    What's new in Outlook 2013

Regards,

Pratik Pandya

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
    Suggested by
  • Hi Thecla,

Any update?

Regards,
    Pratik Pandya

• Top 150 Contributor
  • Hi Pratik,

So sorry for not replying, work has been crazy! I'm going to take an extensive look at it on Saturday.

We have Office 2013, and I'll post a screenshot of the error on Saturday.

Thank you for your answer and follow up. I'll get to it as soon as possible.

Regards,

Thecla Snel

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Pratik,

Thank you for your help. Together with my dad, we completely uninstalled Office 365 and have now succesfully reinstalled Office 365. Everything works fine and we should have no more problems in the foreseeable future.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Thecla Snel

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)