No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Office Professional Plus

• 2 Followers
  • 10 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

This should be a simple question, but I can’t seem to find anything on it.  In short I need to uninstall Office Professional Plus and re-install so that it references to my new Office 365 login.  My history is below.

I started an office 365 trial with Office Professional Plus. I played around on it for about 3 days.  I didn’t pay too much attention to initial setup choices since I was just checking out the software. 

I came to the conclusion that I would like bring some coworkers into a test environment.  However to keep everything simple, I decided to terminate the initial test environment and start with a fresh one. 

So, I requested a termination on the old Office 365 trial (support is working on it) and started up a new trial.  I assumed that there would be problems with Office Profession Plus so I un-installed it on my PC and re-downloaded it.  However, it still logs into the old trial?  I assume there is an ost or similar file left on my pc after the uninstall procedure which is causing the problems.  However I don’t want to get into a deeper mess by thinking know something when all I have to do is ask the experts.

Thanks

Paul

• Post Points: 50
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hello Paul,

I’d like to confirm the meaning of “it references to my new Office 365 login”, does that mean active Office Professional Plus by using your new Office365 account or use Outlook to connect your new Exchange Online mailbox?

If it means re-active Office Professional Plus by using your new Office365 account .You don’t need to un-install and re-install the application. Users can re-active Office Professional Plus by connecting the PC to the internet and ensuring that the license are active. When those conditions are met, use can type either of the following command in a command prompt or the Run dialog box: OSAUI.exe /F (re-actives a different Office365 account)

If it means to use Outlook client to connect the new Office365 account. You may need to provide other personal information about the issue in the future like verified domain information, MX record information and so on. I also need the information about which the support has done in the termination.

If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Thanks for your quick response.  

I am not sure which license the office professional plus is using at the moment.  It is clearly active and it asked me for a login ID when I re-installed it again.  I gave it the new ID.  Is there some way to tell which 365 account it is referencing?  In any case the outlook still opens up with the old account not my new account.  I deleted the old OST file before this last re-install but somehow it logged into my old account.  Can I somehow have outlook change accounts?

I tried the OSAUI.exe /F in the run command.  My system failed to find the executable.  I'll do a search for it.

Regarding other informattion do you want me to post that here or send it to you in an email (either is fine with me).

Paul

• Not Ranked
  • I have found and tried OSAUI.exe /F with no change.  I have also confirmed that the old office 365 account is still active.  

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Paul,

You may need to provide other personal information about the issue in the future. Your post was responded in a private message with a subject of "Submit a service request". Please check it on the community side.  You can reply by using the form in that private message.

Thanks,
    Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hello Paul,

I notice that you have disable the old and add your own domain to new Office365 account. However, you should manually add the MX record of your Exchange Online server to  your DNS (follow the Domain information).

Thanks,
    Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • I am receiving mail on this domain (which is a shared email setup), so I can't imagine why I would change the MX record. The problem that I am having is that the Office Professional Plus install still points to the old domain.

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Paul,
    I notice that the MX record of your domain which you have verified in Office365 is pointing Google email service. If you want to use Office Professional Plus(Office365 subscription) to connect google email service, you can remove your email profile from Control Panel -> email and manually remove the OST files.

Thanks,
    Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • I deleted the ost file and deleted the mail profile from control panel, uninstalled and re-installed office professional plus.  Now the only change is that it isn't automaically configured to any account on Office 365.  Can you give me some instructions on how to mannually configure both outlook and sharepoint?

Paul

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Paul,

You can take a look here for a detail steps setup email in Outlook 2010 help.outlook.com/.../dd253202.aspx (auto-configure)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2404385 (manual-configure)

Regarding the question of mannually configure SharePoint online. could you provide more detail requirement?

Thanks,
    Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hello Paul,

I just want to ensure that all the information is useful for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here/in the forum.

Thanks,
    Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)