No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Email syncing between Gmail and Outlook 365

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Initially my email is sent and received via a GMail account. On my home PC, I am using Office 365 including Outlook 365 with NO exchange server. I connect my outlook to Gmail with a Imap connection.

The syncing between Gmail and outlook is driving me crazy. I cannot seem to get rid of deleted mail, it just goes to a different folder. If I send something in Outlook, it ends up in the Gmail inbox with a label. Other mail ends up in the "important" folder for no reason.

The outlook PST file is not getting updated since I guess it assumes I no longer need it since everything is replicated on my Gmail account. I want my pst file to be the source of all current mail.

This is overkill way beyond what I need and I would like to get back to the era where my outlook was the master and if I deleted something there it went away. I really don't need all those folders in Gmail.

I tried setting up Pop3 accounts instead and lost all of my mail, so I am hesitant to act.

Help me out of this mail storm.

Mel 

All Replies
  • Hi Mel,

I notice you’re facing some issues when setting up the Gmail account in Outlook client. I’d like to confirm some information, you have mentioned “On my home PC, I am using Office 365 including Outlook 365 with NO exchange server”, which Office 365 plan are you using?

Since this issue is only related to Outlook client and Gmail account. Our forum focus on Office 365 related problems. I suggest you post this issue at Outlook forum for a better response. They will be more professional and proper to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
    Young Yang